any Home CHEFs out there? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 03-03-2009, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

any Home CHEFs out there?

well I'm on a chinese kick and I made my own Chicken Lo-mein which I'm eating right now,yumm......
I used a little bit of Hosin sauce,broccoli,scallions,mushrooms,garlic
I used also RAMEN Oriental Noodles and some pre made lemon pepper chicken.
I warmed up some olive oil and i put in the chopped garlic and broccoli.
I cut up the chicken then added it after when the broccoli was to my liking.
I covered it letting everything cook throughly.
I then added about a teaspoon of hosin sauce(I used Lee Kum Kee brand)
I mixed everything while everything was cooking in a suacepan

I also had my ramen cooking simultaniously and when that was done I mixed everything in a big bowl and VOLIA!

Please share any recipes you'd like others to try

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #2 of 13 Old 03-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Banned

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like to make a curry chicken in the oven. Some chicken breast or chicken thighs in a baking dish with rice, coconut milk, apricot jam, hot curry powder, bamboo shoots, some water and bake it in a dish at 350 for an hour and 15 minutes or so. Add brocolli and other stir fry vegies and serve. Good stuff.

I've been trying to find a recipe for Chicken Phat Phet...
post #3 of 13 Old 03-03-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

interesting...

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #4 of 13 Old 03-03-2009, 07:29 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
I make a wicked Chicken Dumpling soup. Dumplings the size of baseballs....!

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #5 of 13 Old 03-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member

I can cook popcorn really awesomely.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #6 of 13 Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Banned

Not sure what to make? Sometimes when we don't want to put alot of effort or thought into dinner, we fall to one of these old standby's (this is all from memory...so if I missed something I may catch it later and edit):

Chicken Amador:
4 Chicken Thighs (or Breasts if you prefer)
2 C Rice
2 Cans Cream of Mushroom
2 envelopes Onion Soup Mix
1 Can Chicken Broth

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix all of the ingredients in a baking dish (9 x 12 or so, glass works great). Place Chicken in mix (don't cover with the mix). Sprinkle a little season salt on the chicken and bake for 1:00 - 1:15. Easy and tasty.

Spaghetti n' White Sauce:
8 Slices Bacon
2 Cans Cream of Mushroom
Milk
(Spaghetti...duh)

Cut the bacon slices into about 1 inch strips. Crisp in a frying pan. Once crisp, drain, add bacon pieces, cream of mushroom, and milk (to desired thickness). Put over spaghetti. Cheap and makes quite a bit. Goes great with that Garlic Texas Cheese Toast.

Chicken Spaghetti:
4 Boneless Skinless chicken breasts
Spaghetti
1 Can Cream of Chicken
1 Can Rotell
1 Can Cream of Mushroom
Milk
Velveta Cheese

Boil Chicken Breast (even better is to slow cook a whole chicken in a crock pot all day...Season it any way you want)
Prepare Spaghetti Noodles
Shred Chicken
Add ingredients to spaghetti noodles. Melt Velveta in mixture. Once melted and stirred, add milk to reduce over thickness to your preference. A little garlic salt isn't remiss either.

Dirty Burritos:
1 pound Ground Beef
1 Can Pork n Beens
1 can diced green chiles
Tortillas
Shredded Cheese (or other condiments like Sour Cream)

Brown Beef (with a little season salt), add Pork n Beans and diced green chiles, heat until water burns off. Put on a tortilla with desired condiments and wrap like a burrito. Sounds crazy, but it tastes great.

Steak in Pan Sauce
2-4 relatively thin cut Steaks (cheap steaks work the best...Best if there's a little, but not alot of fat...No Ribeyes)
Butter (a whole stick pretty much)
2/3 C Apple Juice
3/4 C Beef Broth
2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
2 table spoons Minced Garlic

Brown steaks for 3-5 minutes on each side in 2 table spoons of butter and salt and pepper.
Take steaks out of pan and put in oven just on warm.
Use Beef Broth and Apple Juice to "deglaze" the pan. Add Minced Garlic. Simmer to reduce for about 7-10 minutes. Add the rest of the butter, and heavy cream. Salt to taste. Put the steaks back in and cover for 5 minutes or so. Serve and spoon sauce over steaks.
(I usually double the sauce. Use the left over sauce (and any beef broth that might be left over) to put in a crock pot with a pot roast, potatos, and some onion. Cook on low all day...Best ****ed roast ever)
post #7 of 13 Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
Not sure what to make? Sometimes when we don't want to put alot of effort or thought into dinner, we fall to one of these old standby's (this is all from memory...so if I missed something I may catch it later and edit):

Chicken Amador:
4 Chicken Thighs (or Breasts if you prefer)
2 C Rice
2 Cans Cream of Mushroom
2 envelopes Onion Soup Mix
1 Can Chicken Broth

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix all of the ingredients in a baking dish (9 x 12 or so, glass works great). Place Chicken in mix (don't cover with the mix). Sprinkle a little season salt on the chicken and bake for 1:00 - 1:15. Easy and tasty.

Spaghetti n' White Sauce:
8 Slices Bacon
2 Cans Cream of Mushroom
Milk
(Spaghetti...duh)

Cut the bacon slices into about 1 inch strips. Crisp in a frying pan. Once crisp, drain, add bacon pieces, cream of mushroom, and milk (to desired thickness). Put over spaghetti. Cheap and makes quite a bit. Goes great with that Garlic Texas Cheese Toast.

Chicken Spaghetti:
4 Boneless Skinless chicken breasts
Spaghetti
1 Can Cream of Chicken
1 Can Rotell
1 Can Cream of Mushroom
Milk
Velveta Cheese

Boil Chicken Breast (even better is to slow cook a whole chicken in a crock pot all day...Season it any way you want)
Prepare Spaghetti Noodles
Shred Chicken
Add ingredients to spaghetti noodles. Melt Velveta in mixture. Once melted and stirred, add milk to reduce over thickness to your preference. A little garlic salt isn't remiss either.

Dirty Burritos:
1 pound Ground Beef
1 Can Pork n Beens
1 can diced green chiles
Tortillas
Shredded Cheese (or other condiments like Sour Cream)

Brown Beef (with a little season salt), add Pork n Beans and diced green chiles, heat until water burns off. Put on a tortilla with desired condiments and wrap like a burrito. Sounds crazy, but it tastes great.

Steak in Pan Sauce
2-4 relatively thin cut Steaks (cheap steaks work the best...Best if there's a little, but not alot of fat...No Ribeyes)
Butter (a whole stick pretty much)
2/3 C Apple Juice
3/4 C Beef Broth
2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
2 table spoons Minced Garlic

Brown steaks for 3-5 minutes on each side in 2 table spoons of butter and salt and pepper.
Take steaks out of pan and put in oven just on warm.
Use Beef Broth and Apple Juice to "deglaze" the pan. Add Minced Garlic. Simmer to reduce for about 7-10 minutes. Add the rest of the butter, and heavy cream. Salt to taste. Put the steaks back in and cover for 5 minutes or so. Serve and spoon sauce over steaks.
(I usually double the sauce. Use the left over sauce (and any beef broth that might be left over) to put in a crock pot with a pot roast, potatos, and some onion. Cook on low all day...Best ****ed roast ever)
i see you like cream of mushroom
post #8 of 13 Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 PM

My personal specialty is old fashion pulled pork BBQ. I slow cook it for approximately 18 hours. I made a crock pot load last Thursday and had less than a hamburger bun load left after lunch. I "presume' that my co-workers liked it.
post #9 of 13 Old 03-03-2009, 10:50 PM

I love cooking, mainly because I LOVE LOVE LOVE FOOD! I am seriously in love with food, I love tryings new things all the time.

@ Devryn, I couldn't have any curry "baked". That's just my personal preference of course! Curry needs the chicken to be cooked in oil !!! FRIED! Get that toast in it! plus I'm to impatient to bake lol
post #10 of 13 Old 03-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by APCamaro View Post
i see you like cream of mushroom
One of the easiest ingredients to make a quick harty dinner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page