European people piss me off - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 03-05-2009, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
thedcorvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,375
 
European people piss me off

Anybody know what's up with them and I4s? I posted that the LLT would be probably the best bang for buck on PSW, lamenting that it was n/a and being GM, would take a twin turbo... some idiot posts underneath that a handbuilt duratec would put out 300 hp... HANDBUILT.. i know i'm ranting but #[email protected] like this just rags me to no end... how long have 4 pots been around?? what about aluminum engines... yet they claim the 4 pot is more "Modern" ..agh... For how much Europeans insult us for being stupid, they're just as DUM... B. lol

thedcorvette is offline  
post #2 of 14 Old 03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Veteran Member
 
GHOST SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jamestown,North Carolina by the way of Neptune,NJ
Posts: 1,257
 
I wished I did

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
GHOST SS is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 03-05-2009, 04:38 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,607
 
It's not a "Euro-thing", unfortunately. We have created an environment in which people are encouraged to believe that their opinion on anything is just as significant as anyone else's opinion, whether they have a clue about the subject at hand or not, and have taught people that a preponderance of stupidity trumps genuine knowledge and analysis.

Applies to practically any topic you can name, and happens on this forum too, I'm afraid. (I can point to a few threads if need be... )
gto_in_nc is offline  
post #4 of 14 Old 03-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member
 
Jonz5GEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lyndhurst, NJ
Posts: 4,109
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto_in_nc View Post
It's not a "Euro-thing", unfortunately. We have created an environment in which people are encouraged to believe that their opinion on anything is just as significant as anyone else's opinion, whether they have a clue about the subject at hand or not, and have taught people that a preponderance of stupidity trumps genuine knowledge and analysis.

Applies to practically any topic you can name, and happens on this forum too, I'm afraid. (I can point to a few threads if need be... )
Well said, friend.

I have to say I am impressed with your replies in most of your posts.

Jonz5GEN is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 03-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Windsor
Posts: 4,533
  
After living in California, I have learned to accept that a small ratio of humans on earth actually have an IQ higher than their age.

It's not surprising.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Taglane is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 03-05-2009, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
thedcorvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,375
 
lol, i know it happens here too, but it's kind of arrogant to call americans stupid all the time when they do stuff like this.. not to mention i'm a bred redneck gearhead.. (yes i managed to get my parents car in gear and hit the lawnmower at 3 years old )

thedcorvette is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 03-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Supporting Super Moderator
 
LorcinLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,416
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedcorvette View Post
lol, i know it happens here too, but it's kind of arrogant to call americans stupid all the time when they do stuff like this.. not to mention i'm a bred redneck gearhead.. (yes i managed to get my parents car in gear and hit the lawnmower at 3 years old )

Although I don't remember it, I was told when I was 3 I slammed the shifter to reverse in my dad's 69 Javelin and slammed the car into a tree across the street.


2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
LorcinLS1 is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 03-05-2009, 07:52 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,607
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonz5GEN View Post
Well said, friend.

I have to say I am impressed with your replies in most of your posts.
Thank you, sir!



LOL! Reminds me of an English teacher in high school who once told the class I was smarter than I looked.
gto_in_nc is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member
 
80s_Adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pittsburgh & Texas
Posts: 4,203
 
Americans piss me off so now we can both be happy.
80s_Adam is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 03-05-2009, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
thedcorvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,375
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorcinLS1 View Post
Although I don't remember it, I was told when I was 3 I slammed the shifter to reverse in my dad's 69 Javelin and slammed the car into a tree across the street.
nice.. i don't remember it either, but apparently i cost my dad about 3k... he had to fix the car and the lawnmower.

thedcorvette is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome