Three Pedal vechiles - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 04-04-2009, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Three Pedal vechiles

I don't know how it came to me but I have begun to start driving manual cars with more ease.I know I'm not going to win any 1/4 mile races with my current set of skills and lack of a constant practice car but for the past few days at my job Im loosing my aprehension of driving a 3 pedal car.
maybe that and I beat my boss twice shooting pool

The key I think for me is determining the point at which the clutch slips and the car starts moving and giving the car gas.and also I recently drove a manual 1990 chevy cavalier Z24 and why is there unnessasary clutch pedal movement,it's like i dang near gotta lift completely off the pedal in order to get the car moving.are all chevy's and or gm cars like that or is it that particular one?

I will go on record and saying there is fun to be had driving a manual.
but I have yet to drive a manual car in bumper to bumper traffic(which is something I dread)
but like Luwinkle with his manual car I am stalling out less often

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #2 of 9 Old 04-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member

haha, my sister can't figure out how the heck i got my car across the country... my first time driving a manual for an extensive period of time... didn't stall much, but i'm a little rough ...

I think what baffled her was that i managed to drive the last 175 miles without a starter (It went bad on the side of the PA turnpike at 4 am... that was a fun push start... took me 4 tries too because i forgot to turn the key to "on"... running while on caffeine high = bad idea lol)

post #3 of 9 Old 04-04-2009, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

wow.....what kind of car did you drive?

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #4 of 9 Old 04-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST SS View Post
wow.....what kind of car did you drive?
a 1990 toyota supra!! it looks pretty bad on the outside and had a couple ghetto fixes that i took care of once i got home... but it's very clean underneath and ran great.. problem was the stupid wire shook loose from the starter... and so yeah, 20 degrees and hadn't eaten in 7 or 8 hours, shaking like crazy and trying not to get hit by trucks... and there i was lol

post #5 of 9 Old 04-04-2009, 10:34 PM

LOL! I drove a Bug w/o a starter for a while many years ago. Then, soon after fixing that, I lost reverse. That was a challenge, too.

Neither compared, however, to the Mustang II with a busted clutch (rotten firewall left the cable, and therefore, pedal, useless.) Drove that in the mountains for almost a month before I could afford to have it fixed...
post #6 of 9 Old 04-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto_in_nc View Post
LOL! I drove a Bug w/o a starter for a while many years ago. Then, soon after fixing that, I lost reverse. That was a challenge, too.

Neither compared, however, to the Mustang II with a busted clutch (rotten firewall left the cable, and therefore, pedal, useless.) Drove that in the mountains for almost a month before I could afford to have it fixed...
LOL... my getting it started was a pretty interesting story.. i dunno if i feel like typing it out though.

post #7 of 9 Old 04-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member

An ex of mine had a 5 speed Beretta with the 2.3 Q4 that had a super-high engagement. I don't believe I've driven any other fwd 4cly stick cars.

Off topic - GHOST, you need to fix the punctuation in your signature. It's bothering me.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #8 of 9 Old 04-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Veteran Member

i think the official protagonist thing has something to do with it...

post #9 of 9 Old 04-05-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST SS View Post
I don't know how it came to me but I have begun to start driving manual cars with more ease.I know I'm not going to win any 1/4 mile races with my current set of skills and lack of a constant practice car but for the past few days at my job Im loosing my aprehension of driving a 3 pedal car.
maybe that and I beat my boss twice shooting pool

The key I think for me is determining the point at which the clutch slips and the car starts moving and giving the car gas.and also I recently drove a manual 1990 chevy cavalier Z24 and why is there unnessasary clutch pedal movement,it's like i dang near gotta lift completely off the pedal in order to get the car moving.are all chevy's and or gm cars like that or is it that particular one?

I will go on record and saying there is fun to be had driving a manual.
but I have yet to drive a manual car in bumper to bumper traffic(which is something I dread)
but like Luwinkle with his manual car I am stalling out less often
The clutch is out of alignment if it's at the top of the pedal. If it stays like that for long the clutch will burn out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page