The 5GO Dream Car Thread! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 04-05-2009, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

The 5GO Dream Car Thread!

This is a thread that we can all showoff our dream cars. The only rules are that you must post 3 cars, and only 3! You must also explain why it's your dream car (Power, Styling, Sentimental Value, etc.).

Here are my 3!

1. 4th Gen Monte Carlo SS (86 Pictured)

I don't talk about it much but the Monte Carlo SS (4th gen) is my dream car. The first time I saw it, it was a done deal, this was the car meant for me. The Chevy badge, the menacing looks, and the 80s styling makes this my dream car. Thank the heavens they aren't too expensive yet!

(Freaking Power Is About To Go Out, So I'll Finish It Tomorrow In School)!
post #2 of 29 Old 04-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Veteran Member

1. '69 427 Corvette --

want one because my dad practically banged into my head that 'vettes are the best... and they are , not to mention he's got a '68, and i live in MD, so we went up to the vette show in carlisle every year while i was in high school, favorite trip of the year hands down... but as far a styling goes, it's my favorite car, not to mention the sound and power that comes out of these.. maybe not as fast as a small block done right, but still, you'll hear it coming..

2. '67 Chevelle...

Special to me because it was my first car, can't wait to restore it, be one hell of a street rod that nobody will want to mess with , i'll be putting in a 327 to replace the I6, and probably a t56 or the like... debating whether or not to put on a blower, (would certainly look sick), but i guess i'll see how i feel with the 327 first.

(I can't find too many like what i want, but i'd go for a color like IBM, and two white rally stripes... also centerline rims)

3. I'd put the new camaro, but everybody's gonna do that... so my other favorite car... '67 tripower vette... to explain.. the car is sick looking, and legend has it that while it was wrote in at 500 hp, it actually put out more like 570.. this was done for insurance purposes from what i understand... but the '67 shelby cobra tends to overshadow this baby...

Last edited by thedcorvette; 04-05-2009 at 09:50 PM.
post #3 of 29 Old 04-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member

If I could have only three...

1. 5th Gen SS. I dreamed of owning a new 4th gen LS1 SS when I was in high school. Now, I am able to make this dream come true. I'm not sure when I'm going to pull the trigger and order, but I will be doing it.

2. 2002 Z28. I want to build a nutty LS1 4th gen. It's raw and unrefined. Perfect.

3. 1989 IROC-Z. It was my first car. I wanted red on black, but I got black on red. I'll get myself the red on black the next time around. It has to have t-tops and a L98. It will be the only automatic sports car that I own.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #4 of 29 Old 04-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member

'87 El Camino SS. The first time I saw this I was like Holy ****. Looks like something Darth Vader would drive... If he were into Chevy...

'72 Riviera. The long, low and Mean stance of the car to me is intimidating. Possibly the best-looking Buick of the 70's, and arguably my ultimate dream ride. Of course it's hindered by the...

65 Riviera! The car screams sex. My aunt used to own one like this until financial problems kicked in. I remember when I first saw it, I said oh my god. what the heck is that? And that's how I fell in love with it.....

5th gen doesn't count, because it's not a dream car.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #5 of 29 Old 04-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member

Lamborghini Insecta Concept - Love the lines, the color, the speed, etc.

Audi R8 MTM - Love the lines, the color, the speed, etc.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 - Love the lines, the color, the speed, etc.

Man, mine are sure different than yours...
post #6 of 29 Old 04-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member

you would go exotic...

post #7 of 29 Old 04-05-2009, 10:51 PM

Hmmm my 3 favorites....

1. My current project... 96 Camaro Z/28:
A quick rundown: Ext: Harwood 2.5"cowl hood and 96-97 SS spoiler resprayed all black. Int: !rear seats, lightweight front seats with 5 point harnesses, roll bar, upgraded stereo. Drivetrain: Procharged LT1, built Auto and a 12 bolt or S60 rearend with appropriate suspension mods for a drag car.
Goal is street legal with mid-high 11 quarter mile times.

Someone sweet early 4thgen:

2. My old school camaro... 71-73 Camaro Baldwin Motion Phase 3 clone
Don't know how accurate of a clone this one will be but its pretty simple: Big Block Chev making big power (550 plus!) and a drivetrain that can take it. Needs the hood and I'm gonna try and hunt down a split bumper car.
Goal: Make a ridiculous cruise car/toy.

Wouldn't go with this color but:

3. And I'm sure it will be a continuous one to pop up but...
My new daily driver Camaro... 2011+ 1SS/RS
Cyber Gray with Black rally stripes and Black Interior. L99 Auto. This one will remain mostly stock since I'll be using it daily, but it will receive some attitude with a new set of wheels (19-20 inch torque thrusts, black spokes with chrome lip) the alternate grille, custom or deleted emblems, a few bolt-ons, and tint. You know what it looks like...

post #8 of 29 Old 04-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedcorvette View Post
you would go exotic...
I WILL go exotic

Why not???

I would take any of my three over even 5 5th Gens any day!

Last edited by CamaroSSMan; 04-05-2009 at 10:58 PM.
post #9 of 29 Old 04-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSMan View Post
I WILL go exotic

Why not???

I would take any of my three over even 5 5th Gens any day!
because... 'MERICA is the shizzle!! end of story.

post #10 of 29 Old 04-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Veteran Member

Exotics are rice. end of story. If you don't pick American, you don't even exist.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page