Kind of interesting - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-17-2009, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Kind of interesting

Spam costs $3 billion a year in wasted electricity alone (33 KW/H). That is enough to power 2.4 American homes

The additional insights in McAfee's Carbon Footprint of Spam Report (registration required) suggest that spam transmission creates the same amount of greenhouse gas emissions as 3.1 million passenger cars using two billion gallons of gasoline each year.

The good news is that McAfee notes that current levels of spam filtering save 135 billion killowatt-hours.
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/139377

An estimated $2.8 billion wasted on excess energy costs each year in the U.S. alone for leaving your computer on overnight.
http://tech.yahoo.com/blog/null/130078

Current: 00 z28 M6 T-tops
Past: 74 Stingray Vette, 99 Silverado 2500, 01 SS A4 T-tops, 95 z28 A4 T-tops, 96 v6 A4 T-tops (project), 97 v6 A4
RIP: 95 z28 M6
post #2 of 3 Old 04-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member

(somehow missed the thread)

That's weird. Spam is bad for the economy. Tell that to Congress.

I leave my PC on every night. I just never think about the financial impact it has. Well I guess that's because I'm not paying the bills.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #3 of 3 Old 04-19-2009, 12:45 PM

Spam is bad for the economy and your health. It's only good if you're starving and you've already eaten your legs.

I'm too cheap to leave my computer on all night. I have a light switch that turns off my outlets that I flick off everynight before bed. Nothing shall be using power!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page