About to lose my job for no reason! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 04-26-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Angry About to lose my job for no reason!

A little background info for all of you. I work at Walmart doing the crappiest job there. I push shopping carts into the building. I get underpaid to do the most work in the **** store, if you don't believe...come try it for a couple days at 8+ hours a day. However, I'm not here to complain about my crummy job. I'm here to complain about how bad things happen to good people, because bad people like to have fun.

Tonight another "Stockman" as they like to call it, came over to me while I was working and jumped on my machine while it was moving. I told them to get off or I would get in trouble. I had to managers in front of the store do nothing as they just stood there. I didn't have a radio to call for some assitance so I just continued to do my work.

They take the key from the machine, try to punch me and do other bullcrap things to piss me off. I saw my 2 managers walk in as the other kid and his brother walked away.

Another employee came to get me and tell me my managers wanted to see me. I thought they were going to ask me what happened and other stuff. Instead I GET IN TROUBLE!!!!!!!! Yes, you read it right! I GOT IN TROUBLE BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE MESSED WITH ME. They jumped on the machine while it was moving and that is a safety hazard so I GOT A WRITTEN COACHING which is next to getting canned (The next step is writing a letter; kissing ass, so I can keep my job...hell no I'm not begging for a ****ty job).

I really can't believe this sh1t. I work harder than anyone in my department...work overtime when people decide to call off because it's raining or too hot/cold. They said they would have a talk with him next time he comes in to work.

I wouldn't be upset if I didn't get a written warning, but I got one because I already had a verbal coaching...and you know why?

WALMART DOES NOT ACCEPT DOCTOR EXCUSES, ONLY EMERGENCY ROOM PAPERS. So for that week that I couldn't walk because I pinched a nerve in my back (Dad's a Chiro...so it's all good), I got in trouble because I couldn't come to work. It's even worse because they never told me that they don't accept excuses...so WALMART's philosophy is, "We won't tell you what your doing wrong, but we will still fire you for not knowing what is wrong"!!!!

I know life isn't fair, but this is F'ing ridiculous.

I guess I'm gonna have to use that graduation money for gas now since I'll probably get yelled at tomorrow for wearing glasses or something...oh, I have gel in my hair, I hope I don't get fired!!!!!

END RANT.
post #2 of 31 Old 04-26-2009, 09:59 PM

Yeah, life can be a pain sometimes, man. Sometimes all you can do is tell your side to the right people and hope for the best.

Ready for it? Here we go!

Stay in school, study hard, and get a job where you're the boss!
post #3 of 31 Old 04-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Veteran Member

Just wandering, have you applied for other jobs? Sounds like you should quit. Working at a movie theater isn't so bad, well the one work at.

Current: 00 z28 M6 T-tops
Past: 74 Stingray Vette, 99 Silverado 2500, 01 SS A4 T-tops, 95 z28 A4 T-tops, 96 v6 A4 T-tops (project), 97 v6 A4
RIP: 95 z28 M6
post #4 of 31 Old 04-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member

I feel for ya man,I once worked at a supermarket doing the same shyt and Hated every second of it cuz it was the middle of the summer and I don't like heat and humidity(yet I still live in hot and humid climates:NJ AND NC) anyways man,it's easier at least in theory to get a better job while you're still employed .I realize the economy is not in the best shape yet but it can only get better.buck up man

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #5 of 31 Old 04-26-2009, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

A shop down the street is hiring for kitchen work...stopping by after school to get app. I should be able to work 3-12 so that is a good 9 hours so 9 x 2 = 18 hours just cooking food. Plus 9 hours days at walmart (8hrs of just work...1hr lunch) = 32hrs until I get fired...

Yeah, I'll figure it out.
post #6 of 31 Old 04-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

stack your bread too so when walmart axes you,you won't be hurtin too bad
good luck with the job hunt

UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #7 of 31 Old 04-26-2009, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

It's not about the money, it's demotivating...

I work pretty **** hard. I'm better than almost everyone there...and I get yelled at? WTF, so much for being a good worker.
post #8 of 31 Old 04-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Veteran Member

unfortunately bad people do stupid things to good people.not always right but we all have to deal with it.I got problems at my job too and the only thing that keeps me motivated is my future.I know it sounds wishy-washy and optimistic but if I keep gettin down about ish,it doesn't do me any good,know what I'm sayin man?

UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #9 of 31 Old 04-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member

Look at it this way - it's only Wal-Mart.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #10 of 31 Old 04-26-2009, 10:52 PM

I hate as**oles like that, like said earlier, I would quit, unless you're getting a paycheck or whatever is going to happen. Unless you don't get a job (which I doubt, you sound resourceful), they're the ones who suffer it sounds like. They'll have to get somebody else out there to get the baskets til they get someone else, and if they already have someone else waiting for your job, there is a good chance they'll quit because of the hard work or slack off(at least that's what I hear from my friends anyway).

Good luck on the job hunt, as again also said earlier, I hear the movies are good place to work

lost maple challenge, outside of leakey, texas

349.99 rwhp 2002 Camaro SS 35th anniversary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page