Musicians Thread - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 73 Old 05-01-2009, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

MUSCIANS THREAD

So after a search I couldn't find one here, and music is something that we all can relate to...
What instrument do you play? In a band currently or working up to it?
Me, I used to sing in the Moline Boys Choir and then took piano lessons for awhile. In high school I started playing the bass and with a lot of help from an awesome musician/ guitar player who I am getting together with again after 17+ years, we started a garage band. We had a me(bass), a decent drummer, and a really good guitarist. I did sing too, but we only did a few songs with vocals. Then I could only play with a pick.

Now I've been takeing lessons to learn the proper way to play the bass and have a Washburn bass with a Crate amp that is awesome! I never thought I could play thrash/ metal with my fingers, but with a really good instructor, I'm learning fast. And the sound is so much richer when you hit the notes with your fingers. A lot fuller.
I know there is at least a few past/current musicians in here. What's your story? Influences? Idols? My living idols are Robert Trujillo, Jason Newstead, Geezer Butler, Flea, and Gene Simmons cause he is the ultimate musician!

Cliff Burton was my first influence, may he rest in peace. His soul will live on forever!
Mark

Last edited by usmc190; 05-01-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: title
post #2 of 73 Old 05-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

i suck... the closest i get to playing an instrument any more is by playing rockband

i used to play piano and guitar... but i haven't played either since high school

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #3 of 73 Old 05-01-2009, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena View Post
i suck... the closest i get to playing an instrument any more is by playing rockband

i used to play piano and guitar... but i haven't played either since high school
Ya, that's kind of what inspired me to buy a new bass and amp, Guitar Hero. I really like the real thing better than the game. You're never to old to pick up that guitar again and play the music you love!
post #4 of 73 Old 05-01-2009, 04:03 PM

Smile Tuba

I play the tuba! It won't fit in the trunk of a 5th Gen, but that's what my wife's HHR is for
post #5 of 73 Old 05-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

I play acousic and electric guitar and bass
post #6 of 73 Old 05-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
I play air guitar

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #7 of 73 Old 05-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member

im pretty good on the skin flute

'Winning'
post #8 of 73 Old 05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member

Rapper/Songwriter
I attempted to play clarinet in 5th grade,sucked at it.I did attempt to play a freind's electric guitar and I clearly need a ton of practice to be anywhere near good

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #9 of 73 Old 05-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member

Trumpet, harmonica, guitar, pretty good at all three.. played in the Drum and Bugle corps here for a year, but got pissed at my director, so not doing anything formal right now.. just play to play.

post #10 of 73 Old 05-05-2009, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

I am working on two really hard songs. Battery and Blackened both by Metallica. I used be able to play Battery with a pick, but I've thrown all those away and those songs are really fast and hard to play with your fingers. I learned Walk This Way by Aerosmith and it is one of my favs after playing it a hundred or so times to get the right tempo. Smooth Criminal by Micheal Jackson/ AA Farm is really fun and sounds good with just the bass and drums.

What is the hardest song you can play all through? Anyone else play music regularly here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page