Pedders Police XA Pursuit Charger Package - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-12-2009, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Pedders Police XA Pursuit Charger Package

The Cass County Sheriff's Police Department has been Pedderised.

After 91,000 miles of in-service use the Cass County Sheriff's HEMI Dodge Charger was feeling tired. Deputy Gary Armstrong describes what the Charger felt like in a hard turn in route to a call, "While responding to a call I had to stop and check to see if I had a flat tire. In a turn my car didn't feel right. The tires were fine, but something was wrong with the car.' Deputy Armstrong did his research and found Pedders.

Pedders picked up the Charger on Monday April 27th, 2009. The next Day Cass County's 91,000 mile Charger became the most competent Police vehicle in the USA. A series of required repairs were made to the Charger. That is nothing new as we repair suspensions all the time. What is new and NEWS is that the run of the mill HEMI Charger Police Car was heavily modified to enhance pursuit capabilities. The Sheriff's car was Pedderised including the very first set of Police Spec Xa Coilovers!

This Cass County First Responder LX got the best of everything we have at Pedders. What a difference in the drive from Cass County to Reeves Pontiac Buick in Indianapolis and the return trip Pedderised. I had no desire to drive it in the condition we picked it up. After 91, 000 hard miles it was sloppy, really sloppy to drive. It felt like and old truck. The drive back was a very different story and different vehicle. It was razor sharp, controlled and fun to drive. If Mike didn't take most of the miles Police car or not I would have been on the wrong side of the bars before we delivered the car back to Deputy Armstrong.

A Police Xa Package is a major installation. As this is an in service vehicle it had to be completed in one day. Eric and Mike did a stellar job. With the installation complete we aligned the vehicle for improved tire life balanced by improved handling. The high rate coils will carry the day to day load of electronic equipment and tactical gear. We put enough people in the trunk to total 900 pounds with most of it on the bumper. The rear ride height dropped only 40mm.

We delivered the Charger to Deputy Armstrong at about 11:30 Tuesday night. His test drive made all the work Mike and Eric did worth while. He was more than impressed. He was more than excited. He was some where north of ecstatic. Deputy Armstrong now drive the meanest looking, baddest #$% unmarked HEMI powered Police Cruise on the planet. His custom installation of electronics combined with Pedders Xa Police Package give him more power to Protect and Serve than should be legal.

The Cass County Sheriff's Department now has the ability to successfully conclude any pursuit they choose to engage in. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time - in Cass County Indiana.

So what was wrong? The rear sub-frame bushes were severely corroded. The corrosion had caused almost a complete separation of the rubber to metal bond in all four of the sub-frame bushes. The flat tire feeling was caused by the degradation of the sub-frame bushes. There was so much movement in the rear sub-frame it did feel as though there were a flat tire when driven. The picture below shows the cradle moving close to 2 inches; thus the sensation of a flat tire.

this video link shows the tearing rear cradle bushings and the tearing front tension rod bushings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij6PEQk4DzM

Also, they were on their 3rd set of front tension rods. the bushings had what appeared as a slight crack. But upon very close inspection, the crack was all the way thru the bushing, and with normal deflection the thin crack opens to a very large gap

Now the issues of teraring front tension rod, or radus rod bushings, and tearing rear cradle bushings are not exclusive to to Police Persuit vehicles. The are common to hard driven LXs and shows the weak link of the bushing designs.

You can read more about the installation on our website. http://www.peddersusa.com/products/19

mike
dms

Pedders USA
925-215-1308
PEDDERS INFO ON NEW CAMARO

post #2 of 7 Old 05-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Veteran Member

That's pretty cool.

All the "good" cop cars should get this

post #3 of 7 Old 05-12-2009, 07:52 AM

Reeves...

That's where I bought my G8 GT. Best reputation around..too bad GM pulled the Pontiac brand out from under them.

nice write up...I'll have to be on the lookout. I hope you slapped a Pedders sticker on the window somewhere
post #4 of 7 Old 05-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Supporter of common sense

Looks great!

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #5 of 7 Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

We delivered the Charger in the dead of nigh and even worse in the rain. We did not have any good pictures of the vehicle until Deputy Armstrong sent these over today.

Sheriff Isaacs

Sheriff Isaacs and Deputy Armstrong

What you don't want to see in your mirror in Indiana!

Do not pass a black Charger on the road if she looks like this, If you do, you will see how many lights she has!! You will not be able to out run her!

Mike
dms

Pedders USA
925-215-1308
PEDDERS INFO ON NEW CAMARO

post #6 of 7 Old 05-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Veteran Member

That car, er patrol car, looks like it has been Zainoed.... You could take a picutre of the forrest from the reflection on the paint

BTW, the big black spotlight on the drivers front should give you a TINY clue, that you shouldn't pass this car

Pedders wins again, well done

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #7 of 7 Old 05-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post

What you don't want to see in your mirror in Indiana!
How can one not respect the law in that set of wheels?

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page