Dog is costing me $$ - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Dog is costing me $$

Just wanted to share...

Our pussified dog has cost me money. When the wife didn't want to board him at the kennel because he is such a needy wuss, she was considering her sister dog-sitting him. And I didn't want him riding in the 84 Hurst/Olds to Indianapolis next week. But the wife really wants to take him with us.

Ok, I just used him as an excuse to buy a new open car trailer. Now the little weiner can ride in the truck with us. It's not a top of the line deal or anything as it's a wood deck, but it does have electric tilt eliminating the need for ramps. It's getting finished up at the manufacturer, and I got them to toss in a spare wheel/tire and free delivery (place is about 150 miles away and they normally charge $1 per mile one way for delivery) on Wednesday. It's far better than the piece of crap I bought used and used up about 20 years ago and only lasted a couple of years, bent ramps and all. Best part is, if I don't like it when it shows up or something is wrong, I get a refund.

So, it's going on a maiden voyage next week to the Hurst/Olds meet in Indianapolis with the 84 Hurst on top of it. Not that it's a trailer queen or anything as we normally drive it to all the meets, but I've been wanting a trailer for seemingly forever and it just happens to be a good time to convince the wife of spending a few bucks and getting a car hauler. I thought about a covered unit, but maybe later on. I can use this for a lot of things the way it is living out in the country.

The trailer (file photo, mine's still getting finished but I already got a VIN!!):

The haulee (84 Hurst/Olds is the silver/black all the way on the right):

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #2 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Supporter of common sense

Nice.

I remember prepping 83-84 hurst olds at the dealer in my senior year in High School

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #3 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 05:50 PM

Those are very nice, love both brands

needs no explanation

VIN#A9148288
IN MY HANDS 10-7-2009!!!
post #4 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member

By weiner, do you mean you've got a Dachshund?

I've got one as well, and he is the most needy and wussy dog that I've ever been around. He has no "dog friends" because he is so shy and scared around other animals - and we've tried "integrating" him since he was a tiny puppy.

He's ALWAYS got to be on you, or at least touching you. He's a perfect lapdog - if you're 80 and dying.

I blame it on my Fiance for making him this way

I also wouldn't get rid of him for anything. He is, afterall, our "baby"

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #5 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

No, he's not a weinerdog, I meant weiner as in just a big whiny wuss. I treat him like regular guy treats a dog. But the wife thinks he's our kid or something and ruined him by doting on his every whine. He's cool and all, and he's no dummy, he just likes to have his "pack" with him all the time.

He's a Puli, or Hungarian Water Dog. Likes to herd things. He's the kind with the dreadlocks that drag the ground if you let him grow them out. Looks like a friggin' mop walking around. I mandate his shearing so his coat's only about 1/4" long, though.

post #6 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
No, he's not a weinerdog, I meant weiner as in just a big whiny wuss. I treat him like regular guy treats a dog. But the wife thinks he's our kid or something and ruined him by doting on his every whine. He's cool and all, and he's no dummy, he just likes to have his "pack" with him all the time.

He's a Puli, or Hungarian Water Dog. Likes to herd things. He's the kind with the dreadlocks that drag the ground if you let him grow them out. Looks like a friggin' mop walking around. I mandate his shearing so his coat's only about 1/4" long, though.

So your dog is like Bob Marley ? That's funny

I would have named him Bob or maybe even Buckweat

is this your kind of dog ....... a Hungarian Water Dog

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 07-28-2009 at 12:22 PM.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member

From a womens prospective....

I have a "sissy dog" (maltese) and she is like my child. When you spend every min with something like a dog, it is like having a child. Don't get too depressed you'll get a lot more attention at the meet with a cute dog sitting with your car. Always works for me lol.

Have a great trip!!!

JBA Cat Back Exhaust
Pfadt Adjustable Sport Sway Bars
Pfadt Drop Springs
Misc Appearance Changes

Other Car~93 SVT Lightning #260 w/408
post #8 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
So your dog is like Bob Marley ? That's funny

I would have named him Bob or maybe even Buckweat

is this your kind of dog ....... a Hungarian Water Dog

Yes, he's black. So if I let him go, it'd be like the picture. His name happens to be Rocket. My first choice of "Studbolt" didn't fly...

post #9 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

I've attempted to buy 2 -84 Hurst Olds so far and both didn't work out. Dam i want your car.

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page