Maybe Its Me - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-04-2009, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Maybe Its Me

Cash for clunkers is frustrating to me. Ok, so less dependence on foreign oil means less profit for oil producing countries but more profit for other foreign auto making countries as Toyota and Hyundai dealers profited most from this. Also Ford did as well which is good(I guess :0). This program should have been restricted to new cars from domestic auto makers. Please dont even say, what is domestic since toyotas etc.. are made here. Shut it, the profit goes to Japan, Korea etc.... So what is the difference besides some oil producing countries harbor terrorists but not all of them so.......

Former F bodies
1979 Girlinetta Auto
1995 Blue A4 Z28
1996 Triple black M6 Z28 Conv
2000 Black M6 T/A
post #2 of 7 Old 08-04-2009, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Its also stinks to think that most people that are trading in these clunkers are driving them because they couldnt get a new car for whatever financial reason without the $4500/$3500 their getting. So soon, the repos will start and it will be a smaller version of the housing foreclosure issue all over again and the economy will tank even harder. I know, some people will be able to afford them but definitely not all.

Sorry to be so doom and gloom. Usually not like that.

Former F bodies
1979 Girlinetta Auto
1995 Blue A4 Z28
1996 Triple black M6 Z28 Conv
2000 Black M6 T/A
post #3 of 7 Old 08-04-2009, 04:18 PM

i can see where your going with that idea of a miniature version of the housing problem but hopefully americans got smart and know what vehicle will fit there budget.

GTFO of here with your ricer math
post #4 of 7 Old 08-05-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan454 View Post
Its also stinks to think that most people that are trading in these clunkers are driving them because they couldnt get a new car for whatever financial reason without the $4500/$3500 their getting. So soon, the repos will start and it will be a smaller version of the housing foreclosure issue all over again and the economy will tank even harder. I know, some people will be able to afford them but definitely not all.

Sorry to be so doom and gloom. Usually not like that.
You didn't even get to the long term impact. This program _destroys_ the "clunkers," some of which are still viable and inexpensive transportation. When it gets harder for people to find cheap vehicles when they want to, watch and see who gets blamed. We'll probably start hearing endless questions, "how come they can't make affordable cars?"
post #5 of 7 Old 08-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Veteran Member

I got rid of my car for Cash for Clunkers.

Now Im without my beloved car and my sister has an awesome new Mazda 3. FML
post #6 of 7 Old 08-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Veteran Member

I think C4C is a waste of perfectly good cars and should be given to families in need. Also I agree that you should only be able to buy domestics since I saw on the news that almost all c4c 'clients' (if you will) bought japanese cars. its sickening imo that they think buying foreign and having the profit go overseas has advantages over buying domestic and helping the country we live in. For a country that "wants" to be dependent on it's own, we sure do love our foreign products... jmo

Of course I'm not talking about the guys @ 5GO..er... Modern Camaro? am I missing something? I leave for a couple weeks and there's a name change? wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSMan View Post
I got rid of my car for Cash for Clunkers.

Now Im without my beloved car and my sister has an awesome new Mazda 3. FML
you mean the happy one?

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #7 of 7 Old 08-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
you mean the happy one?
Haha yes the happy one. It is actually really nice for the price. I guess i benefited because i went from this:

to this:

^^those are just online pictures, not actually of mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page