This is how you make money with no job. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

This is how you make money with no job.

I just sold it for $250.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/vgm/1418317676.html

EDIT: I seriously had it up less than an hour.

Last edited by 80s_Adam; 10-12-2009 at 07:29 PM.
post #2 of 32 Old 10-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Veteran Member

Man, I wish someone gave you a car... I wanted to see that thing painted!

But congrats on the quick sale

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #3 of 32 Old 10-12-2009, 07:44 PM

What the hell was it you sold. A video game?
post #4 of 32 Old 10-12-2009, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

It was a World of warcraft character. I started him in the summer and I got him maxed out before school started. I made about 150 bucks profit.

Tag, I seriously would of painted it rainbow colors.
post #5 of 32 Old 10-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
I prefer making money with Ebay.... I cant believe someone would pay that much for that

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #6 of 32 Old 10-12-2009, 08:53 PM

Garage
on both! sold my iPhone 3G on eBay for $440 and bought the new 3GS. Worked out for me

2009 Yamaha R1
2011 Corvette Grand Sport
2010 2SS/RS Black & IOM Modifications
post #7 of 32 Old 10-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member

That goes to show you, there is a market for everything, key is just finding the right buyers. Good job with the sale man you made out pretty well

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #8 of 32 Old 10-12-2009, 09:22 PM

I think I should learn from you, the good sales man. Can you show some experience?
post #9 of 32 Old 10-12-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_JJ View Post
I think I should learn from you, the good sales man. Can you show some experience?
Uh, you mean like tips on how to sale stuff?

Here is a breakdown of my posting:

80 Huntard For Sale - $1 (15644)

^^ Be short and to the point in your title. There is no reason to have your title too wordy. Buyers are looking for a specific item and they will look at only what they want, not what they don't want. A fishing hook is a good example, only a certain bait is used to catch a certain fish. In this case, Huntard is referring to any "Hunters", "80" is the character level and therefore that is all the info you really need to know about the character. If they are interested, they will look, and this is half the battle.

All my friends screwed me over and transferred to horde and to another server if that wasn't enough, so I'm quitting the game.

^^ Being honest on why your getting rid of the item you're trying to sell. It's awkward not knowing why somebody is selling something. Is there a major problem with it, etc? The buyer needs to feel confident and not feeling like they are being scammed, especially with electronic or virtual goods.

I'd hate to see this go to waste since it was my whole summer leveling up a huntard so it's for sale...whole account.

^^ Again, more honesty. This shows you do not want your hard work wasted.

This is my only good character since I was too lazy to level anything else up.

^^ Again, honesty is key.

1.8k gold, 3k+ dps, tier 8.5 helmet/chest, tier 7.5 shoulders/legs... i would have better gear but the wow gods hate me and i lose rolls on guns and staves like it's my job.

^^ Bare minimum details. If the buyer is still interested, they can email you for EXACT details. If I was selling a car, this section would list modifications such as a Full Exhaust-Headers to tips, etc. Not The exact name and size of exhaust. If the buyer is interested, he will ask for the details. This will also pique the buyers interest in the exact details of the item.

I'm very negotiable on the price, make me an offer, i don't really care. I'd even take a ****ty beater car or motorcycle, and I'd spray paint it rainbow colors to remind me how I wasted my summer playing this game.

^^ I don't give an exact price, I never do. I show I'm desperate (When I really ain't), and make them blurt out an offer, because now they are the ones under pressure to give me a good deal.

Don't let this huntard go to waste, he has a lot of potential.

^^ This again shows I took care and put a lot of hard work into the item. In this case, the Character was played on a lot to get him to a status where he is able to do well in the game and with a little work he will be very well off.

Peace

^^ IMO, a closing or farewell is needed. This again adds to the "realness" of the post and doens't make it sound like a computer or scam. Make the buyer feel more welcome, relaxed and their reply email should be more friendly, and therefore easier to work with.

So far with my method I've made a jalopy camaro into a nice motorcycle and lots of cash. I hope this helps.
post #10 of 32 Old 10-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member

or... you could have spent your summer out and about hitting on girls.. to each his own though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page