Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern California
1. Do you have appropriate credentials? You cannot walk up and by a ticket. It is not open to the public.
2. Have a plan. There are multiple buildings and numerous rows in each building. No plan = not seeing everything.
3. Plan on getting there when they open, and leaving when they close. It is a full day! If you are not used to walking alot, start now to build your endurance.
4. Either have something to carry "stuff" in (posters/fliers) or do not pick stuff up. You will get a card with your credentials that you can "swipe" and get on every mailing list. Leave that card in your hotel room. (I was on the mailing list for a long time.)
5. Leave "mailing card" in your hotel room. See above.
6. Bring digital camera, extra "media cards" and extra batteries. You will need them.
7. Know how to use said camera. There will be more cars and more women to take pictures of. Your pic estimate in the OP is way too LOW.
8. You will spend all day in "wheels and tires".
9. Smile when you take a picture and be mindful of your hands. A picture lives forever - or until you delete it!
10. Traffic getting into and out of the convention center is a nightmare. Leave early. Tip - park at the Sarhara and walk down.
1. Double down on 11.
2. Split aces and eights.
3. Make reservations now for dinner on the strip.
4. PM me for several places to eat not on the strip.
5. Did I mention to double down on 11? (Must be the degenerate gambler in me.
6. Tip everyone. No tip = bad karma!
Enough with the lesson. Where are you staying? Are you bringing the future Mrs. Octane with you? Is she prepared for the "strippers", ah I mean, "spokesmodels" in the boothes?
PM with some details. I am in Vegas 3-4 times a year. I have a buddy who is a metro cop, so if I know where you are staying, I can get you some "short-cuts" through town. I know all the good places to eat - knew that before he was a cop!
IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!