Thoughts on Lincoln Tech - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Thoughts on Lincoln Tech

A few months ago I lost my job due to the economy, and supposedly they needed to do cutbacks because of a lack of alarm installs (ADT). I believe its all BS, because of stuff I found out shortly after they layed a bunch of us off. Thats another story tho.
So my question is what are some of your thoughts on going to Lincoln Tech for the automotive course? Apparently they can give you job placement afterwards and stuff like that. Did anyone here attend or know someone that did and turned out to be a positive or negative exp? I need a decent job again and I figure I like working on cars and what not, so I think this would be a good route to go, also considering its only about 30 min from my house. I'm still looking into it and getting all the info, just wanted some opinions from here first. Thanks guys

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #2 of 11 Old 11-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

Honestly I've thought about doing the same thing, but going to a place near here, lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 11 Old 11-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member

I had a friend go to UTI in Blairsville, PA (or maybe it's Wyotech idk) and he learned absolutely nothing and paid all that money.

You will probably have better luck, he was a retard anyways.
post #4 of 11 Old 11-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_Adam View Post
I had a friend go to UTI in Blairsville, PA (or maybe it's Wyotech idk) and he learned absolutely nothing and paid all that money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9KzKA55Htc

(thanks Google for featuring this!)

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

It's Wyotech.

From what I've heard, those tech places are great if all you want to do is work in a dealership.

I can't think of any other career that shafts its employees like auto mechanics -- you have to buy thousands in tools to make [relatively] low income. I can't really think of any positions that you'd move "up" to, either. Sure, you could be a service manager, but I'm guessing that most techs do not have the ambition to do so (don't blame them; I hate dealing with the public).

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #6 of 11 Old 11-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9KzKA55Htc

(thanks Google for featuring this!)
OMG I think I just pissed myself

The kid was a big bull****ter, he said, that the school said they would place him with Audi making $90k a year, but I don't even think he even graduated, anyone know if he was lying again or schools actually place you with a certain company?
post #7 of 11 Old 11-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member

if money wasn't an issue i would go to school to become a custom fabricator/mechanic for a speed shop working on nice cars and such. but i would never work in a dealership or your typical neighborhood mechanic shop working on boring cars.

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #8 of 11 Old 11-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
OMG I think I just pissed myself

The kid was a big bull****ter, he said, that the school said they would place him with Audi making $90k a year, but I don't even think he even graduated, anyone know if he was lying again or schools actually place you with a certain company?
i have heard of people working for high end dealerships (audi, ferrari, lamborghini, bentley, etc...) making 90k with overtime but that is the most they will ever make. there is no promotion after that!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #9 of 11 Old 11-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
It's Wyotech.

From what I've heard, those tech places are great if all you want to do is work in a dealership.

I can't think of any other career that shafts its employees like auto mechanics -- you have to buy thousands in tools to make [relatively] low income. I can't really think of any positions that you'd move "up" to, either. Sure, you could be a service manager, but I'm guessing that most techs do not have the ambition to do so (don't blame them; I hate dealing with the public).
You could work your way up to Head Mechanic in some places..I've seen places in KY hiring for such for $60-70k a year.
Which is a LOT in KY.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of 11 Old 11-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member

This is why I became an aircraft mechanic. Better pay all around and ZOMGWTF attention to detail training under FAA guidelines.

Then again the best way is to get a 4 year from a BS part 147 school and then study for 6 months for the license exams.

After that, probably 50K a year within 2 years.. max, I have no idea but the typical non-airline jughead will probably make around 70K after 10 years. Some even pay you to get a pilots license. Win win in my book.

But, you can also do an 20mo journeymans route to gain preparatory experience then take the tests. But then you'll probably only wind up maxing as much as an ASE mechanic.

Support MC.com peoples.. $9 bucks. Timmy needs to get that wheelchair into the 10s!

2000 Maple Red Metallic Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
Stock: 303 RWHP / 318.5 RWTQ
1320: 14.29 @ 120.33mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page