So I tried to cancel OnStar... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 12-04-2009, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

So I tried to cancel OnStar...

I was just going to let it run out since the credit card number they had on file was cancelled anyway. But I heard that it could possibly hurt my credit score. So while I was sitting in the bank parking lot I hit the little blue button and told them I'd like to remove the number from the account. I told them that I've been unemployed for 10 months now and the number was a cancelled card anyway. They told me a lot of people have been cancelling because of job loss.
Long story short I ended up with 3 free months and $12.95 a month after that for a year.

Works for me.

EDIT: And oh yeah, another 100 minutes..plus extending my current minutes. So I got like 3-4 hours of minutes on my car now(all of them free). I just need to find someone to talk to. :\

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #2 of 15 Old 12-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Veteran Member

Sweet, when mine runs out I am going to remember that, I wonder if the XM will do the same thing?

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!
post #3 of 15 Old 12-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigam21 View Post
Sweet, when mine runs out I am going to remember that, I wonder if the XM will do the same thing?
YES...XM's been calling me trying to get me to sign up, offering discounts.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #4 of 15 Old 12-04-2009, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigam21 View Post
I let my XM expire anyway..I don't like satellite radio.
And I'll probably never renew..considering they called me every day for weeks straight after it expired.

EDIT: XM basically offered me half off for 6 months, btw.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Last edited by Luwinkle; 12-04-2009 at 01:21 PM.
post #5 of 15 Old 12-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Supporter of common sense

Good deal. I've heard they are very easy to work with regarding plans.

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #6 of 15 Old 12-04-2009, 01:43 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Have your car call my car, and they can talk about women.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #7 of 15 Old 12-04-2009, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneSS/RS View Post
Have your car call my car, and they can talk about women.
Tempted, but my car wouldn't have anything to talk about.

Quote:
post #8 of 15 Old 12-04-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
I let my XM expire anyway..I don't like satellite radio.
Whoo! Dude. XM is the Ultimate. Well not quite. But it is F*ing awesome. Music from all genre's. Hard Rock, Jazz, Blues, Crap, Comedy, Sports and even easy listening. When I travel cross country I don't have to switch stations if I like what I've been listen too. No more searching for stations when I'm driven thru the mountains. I know, I've got an Ipod too. With tons & tons of music. But I don't have everything. ("****...?") I have XM in all four of my cars, in my house and I have one at my dear mothers home. Shes big into Elvis, Frank, Dino and anything from the big bang, I mean the big band era... When I was young. I said I'd never pay for these type of services. Oh ya, we didn't have these things. Now, I have DirecTV XM Radio and Broad Band Internet, Cell phones. Hell, even my car has its own phone number.... Ah, It's good to be the King.... (In my own mind.)

Fly Low and avoid the radar
post #9 of 15 Old 12-04-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seherr View Post
Whoo! Dude. XM is the Ultimate. Well not quite. But it is F*ing awesome. Music from all genre's. Hard Rock, Jazz, Blues, Crap, Comedy, Sports and even easy listening. When I travel cross country I don't have to switch stations if I like what I've been listen too. No more searching for stations when I'm driven thru the mountains. I know, I've got an Ipod too. With tons & tons of music. But I don't have everything. ("****...?") I have XM in all four of my cars, in my house and I have one at my dear mothers home. Shes big into Elvis, Frank, Dino and anything from the big bang, I mean the big band era... When I was young. I said I'd never pay for these type of services. Oh ya, we didn't have these things. Now, I have DirecTV XM Radio and Broad Band Internet, Cell phones. Hell, even my car has its own phone number.... Ah, It's good to be the King.... (In my own mind.)

Hellz yeah, on long road trips I would die without XM

Had: ABM 2SS/RS M6
Waiting on: ZL1
post #10 of 15 Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I don't like XM because satellite radio broadcasts compressed audio(.mp3's) and because of such it sounds crap. Heck..the FM stations I regularly listen to have better sound quality. And XM can't even hold a candle to the sound quality of a CD.
Now if it was free then I wouldn't be so negative on it. But why would I pay for something that is of inferior quality to what I get for free?

EDIT: However, this thread is about OnStar, not XM.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page