Santa Tracking at NORAD for those with kids and those that still believe - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 12-11-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Santa Tracking at NORAD for those with kids and those that still believe

As NORAD enters another year of tracking the jolly old elf, our webpage (with lots of social media links) is now active. Please feel free to use and pass along this link.

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html

Happy Holidays

NORAD is ready to track Santa's flight
Dec. 1, 2009
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. - It's that time of the year again and the North American Aerospace Defense Command is getting ready to track Santa! The NORAD Tracks Santa Web site, www.noradsanta.org <http://norad.pr-optout.com/Url.aspx?521163x68699x246255> , is now live and features fun holiday games and activities that change daily. The Web site is available in seven languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, and Chinese. On Dec. 24, the website will stream videos, captured by NORAD "Santa Cams," from numerous cities along Santa's journey.
This year, children and the young-at-heart are able to track Santa through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, and TroopTube.tv. To follow us on any of these Web sites, type in @noradsanta into the search engine and start your tracking.
New this year, OnStar is partnering with NORAD to provide OnStar subscribers with live Santa updates as they travel in their vehicles on Christmas Eve.
Subscribers simply push the blue OnStar button to get status reports on Santa's whereabouts.
Also new and beginning at 12:00 a.m. MST on Dec. 24, visitors to the website can watch Santa as he prepares his sleigh, checks his list, and goes through all his preparations to ensure he has a successful journey.
As soon as Santa takes off from the North Pole, children can also track him with up-to-the-minute Google Maps and Google Earth reports.
Santa trackers will begin answering phones and replying to email at 4:00 a.m.
MST (6:00 a.m. EST) on Christmas Eve. Children of all ages can call the NTS toll free number 1-877-Hi-NORAD (1-877-446-6723) or send an email to
[email protected].
The NTS program is carried out with the assistance of many corporate partners. Booz Allen Hamilton has designed the NTS Web site. Other sponsors helping with the event include Verizon, who donates the toll-free number, Time Warner, Avaya and PCI provide communications engineering, while OnStar,
5 Star Bank, Pepsi Distributing and First Choice Awards and Gifts keep the trackers happy with food, beverages and souvenir tracking pins.
The NTS program began on Dec. 24, 1955, after a phone call was made to the Continental Air Defense Command Operations Center in Colorado Springs, Colo.
The call was from a local youngster who dialed a misprinted telephone number in a local newspaper advertisement. The commander at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station, Colo. who answered the phone that night gave the youngster the information requested - the whereabouts of Santa. This began the tradition of tracking Santa, a tradition that was carried on by NORAD when it was formed in 1958.
The NTS program has grown immensely since first presented on the Internet in 1998. The Web site receives millions of unique visitors from hundreds of countries and territories around the world. In addition, the NTS Operations Center will be occupied for 25 hours with over 1,200 volunteers on Christmas Eve, who will be receiving hundreds of thousands phone calls and emails from families around the world.
We look forward to helping you with NORAD Tracks Santa!
NOTE TO MEDIA MEMBERS: Media interested in covering the 2009 NORAD Tracks Santa program should send their request to [email protected] or [email protected] or call 719-554-6889.

2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, Rear Trailing Arms, Rotors, End Links, Tunnel Brace, Rear Tie Rods, 1G Suspension Package, Stage 3 CNC ported heads, R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk and Dome LED Lighting, RED B/A Pedals, Ported TB, 621RWHP/584TQ
post #2 of 11 Old 12-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Veteran Member

That's cool, I've always been a fan of the Santa Tracker. I'm glad in these times of financial troubles, when this program would make an easy target to get cut by any of the companies involved, that these companies can and do step up to the plate, and provide this great traditional service. It's neat that On-Star will provide updates via the blue button, that's an easy call to work into any Christmas Eve drive to the mall, or to see the Christmas lights, or dinner.

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #3 of 11 Old 12-21-2009, 10:35 AM

I know for a fact Santa exists. I see him at the Malls. I see him on TV. (if they show it on TV you know its got to be real ) and one time I even saw him resting on the side walk. And besides, if he wasn't real. How come on Christmas morning... there are all these presents under the tree? Uhmm...

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas and have a safe and happy new year..

Fly Low and avoid the radar
post #4 of 11 Old 12-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Woo Santa how did norad get a tracking device on santa?

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanChevy View Post
Woo Santa how did norad get a tracking device on santa?
he must have OnStar.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
he must have OnStar.
So even Santa has that ugly shark fin on his sleigh ?
Wonder if he has backup sensors also lol
post #7 of 11 Old 12-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member

I can't believe our tax dollars are being spent tracking Santa!

<jk>

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
So even Santa has that ugly shark fin on his sleigh ?
Wonder if he has backup sensors also lol
I've heard that he did a custom mod...he had the onstar antenna installed into one of the Reindeer's antlers.

Also, I've heard that it was an early build...so no backup sensors, not that he really needs them.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
post #9 of 11 Old 12-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
I've heard that he did a custom mod...he had the onstar antenna installed into one of the Reindeer's antlers.

Also, I've heard that it was an early build...so no backup sensors, not that he really needs them.
I bet Eric and Scotty will hold the argument over who sold Santa the Sleigh.

Sorry Eric I got to........We all know Scott Sold Santa the Sleigh there is more snow up in Wisconsin than we get here in Texas.
post #10 of 11 Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I bet Eric and Scotty will hold the argument over who sold Santa the Sleigh.

Sorry Eric I got to........We all know Scott Sold Santa the Sleigh there is more snow up in Wisconsin than we get here in Texas.
either way, I bet he didn't pay over MSRP.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page