Anybody hate this in movies? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-09-2010, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Anybody hate this in movies?

When at the end, you don't know what happens to everybody?

Don't get me wrong, I have a great imagination, but when it comes to movies I want to know what happens to everybody.

For example, I just finished the 2007 remake of THE MIST. All in all, it wasn't bad and the ending was definitely surprising. However I didn't like how I didn't know what happened to the people at the grocery store or the first group that went out. Now I can probably imagine the first group (Led by the lawsuit happy black guy) was PROBABLY killed, but I have no evidence that he really was, because the girl who left before him lived! I'm gonna spend the rest of my day wondering about how those people got out or not...

Blah, up for 20 hours and can't sleep.

/rant
post #2 of 5 Old 01-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member

no...I like it actually. I don't like when writers feel the need to explain every little effin thing in movies. I'd rather use my brain/imagination to interpret what happens. That's what drives me crazy with shows like "CSI"...every little detail must be over explained and presented to the audience, like we're a bunch of 1st graders.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_Adam View Post
When at the end, you don't know what happens to everybody?

Don't get me wrong, I have a great imagination, but when it comes to movies I want to know what happens to everybody.

For example, I just finished the 2007 remake of THE MIST. All in all, it wasn't bad and the ending was definitely surprising. However I didn't like how I didn't know what happened to the people at the grocery store or the first group that went out. Now I can probably imagine the first group (Led by the lawsuit happy black guy) was PROBABLY killed, but I have no evidence that he really was, because the girl who left before him lived! I'm gonna spend the rest of my day wondering about how those people got out or not...

Blah, up for 20 hours and can't sleep.
/rant
I also like to use my imagination but if you actually watch the movie you do find out what happened to that first group... So I agree with powerfreak

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Veteran Member

It doesn't leave much wiggle room for any sequels if you tie up loose ends!! Very rare is the studio nowadays to finish a story at the end of a movie in the event the first is so successful that a "franchise" is born. Problem is now is that if the first movie is a hit, then you know there's at least TWO more coming because they don't know when to stop drinking from the same water hole. How do you think this Transformers Edition Camaro came about anyway?

I think maybe the first movie sequel might have been "Son of the Sheik" what was it, about 80 or 90 years ago? And things didn't get tied up at the end in the first one (The Sheik) either.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.

Last edited by el ess X; 01-09-2010 at 06:22 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-09-2010, 06:26 PM

I hate it. It's not MY story, it's the writer's story. He's telling it to me, so finish your story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page