DIY Soda Blaster - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-14-2010, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

DIY Soda Blaster

This has got to be the handiest thing I have ever seen. All you need is an air compressor, some time, and about $10.

http://www.aircooledtech.com/tools-o.../soda_blaster/

Can't argue with the results either. Now I don't have to shell out tons of money for a media blaster.

Project: 89 RS => AX/RR
post #2 of 6 Old 01-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Veteran Member

if it works thats a good idea

'Winning'
post #3 of 6 Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Veteran Member

You would be surprised what even a soft material would take off with air pressure. The problem is the amount off BS you will go through to do a little job. Especially when your outside and not in a container.. Thats why those inclosers cost so much.. Once you stripe parts with a blaster U will be hooked.

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!
post #4 of 6 Old 01-14-2010, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRAITHSS View Post
You would be surprised what even a soft material would take off with air pressure. The problem is the amount off BS you will go through to do a little job. Especially when your outside and not in a container.. Thats why those inclosers cost so much.. Once you stripe parts with a blaster U will be hooked.
I spent an entire summer using a sandblaster to strip parts. I never want to do that again. It was boring, slow, and dirty. Wire-wheel plus DIY soda blaster should be a lot faster.

Project: 89 RS => AX/RR
post #5 of 6 Old 01-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89RS View Post
I spent an entire summer using a sandblaster to strip parts. I never want to do that again. It was boring, slow, and dirty. Wire-wheel plus DIY soda blaster should be a lot faster.
Well I got the whole thing. And was so much faster and easier for me.. No sanding, gringing or chemicals.. I guess to each there own..

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!
post #6 of 6 Old 01-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member

Some people Sand blast however sand blasting actually leaves pits at times where soda doesnt.
My Dad Builds tri fives for a living 55, 56 and 57 chevys.
He takes them off the frames and soda or sand blast everything you can imagine like the frame/suspension parts and under carrige of the body.

it takes it to BARE metal then its time for priming and painting the new surface.

One thing soda doesnt do is stick in the cracks like sand does.

keep one thing in MIND if you do this at your Home lol ITS VERY VERY VERY Messy omg its messy however it works

Takes a part down to bare metal

awsome for frame off restorations or cleaning up old parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page