Hot Rod Power Tour or G14? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 01-15-2010, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Question Hot Rod Power Tour or G14?

I'm kinda torn on which one to attend this year, it would be my first trip to either event. I kinda want to do the G14 because I'd be able to meet a few people from here, but i don't know if I'd want to take my 15 year old son to that. I just found out today that the Power Tour is starting on 5 June, and I figured it would be a great time to do a little bonding with my son with an awesome rolling car show to boot. Does anyone have anyone input for me as far as the good/bad/ugly of either event and which would be a better value for my time/money?

thanks in advance for any comments...

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #2 of 10 Old 01-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member

Choose the best time with your son.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #3 of 10 Old 01-16-2010, 10:15 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Tough choice, both are awesome events!

We will have a ModernCamaro.com parking section at G14 though!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #4 of 10 Old 01-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

both are great events, but i like the Gathering better for being able to hang around a bunch of fbody nuts. the Power Tour has a ton of people with a wider variety of taste and cars so it doesn't have as much of a friendly feel as Gathering does.

i think your 15 year old son would do fine at G14 and have tons of fun. the drunks don't start getting crazy until around midnight and you can get him inside before then if you don't want him to see that. it's not that bad tho. i like to laugh at 'em cuz they usually just run around screaming "wahoo!"... or write little sayings by people cars with sidewalk chalk on the asphalt... or take apart Fbodfather's rental car and see how many people they can stuff in it it's definitely nothing compared to mardi gras so i may be a bad person to ask about it tho.

the other cool thing about G14 is you really don't even have to leave the hotel. the first year we went we didn't leave at all. they have 2 restaurants, a big pool, and of course vendors at the event. they also have 3 great restaurants just up the street (Mexican, Italian, and Seafood). they also do a tour of GMMG, a cruise to the Varsity (hamburger joint), and other fun stuff like the slow drag competition. so there's lots to do. if you wanna get away, there's also a nearby Coca-Cola plant that does tours.

for me, the difference is definitely the people. at G14, you'll see a lot of people you know from different message boards... and it's all fbody love. and Fbodfather always brings a bunch of cool cars and hangs with people (and signs cars too). at the Power Tour, it'll be a ton of people you don't know, but a wide variety of cars to look at (at least that's how it was for me when i went back in 99) and i don't remember much other stuff to do with the Power Tour cuz i just went to it for one stop and didn't travel with it.

hopefully, all that rambling helps somehow if you go to G14, we'll see ya there!

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #5 of 10 Old 01-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member

I wish I could go to either :/

post #6 of 10 Old 01-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Veteran Member

anybody need a pal to ride shotgun w/ you?

post #7 of 10 Old 01-20-2010, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Thank for all the input. Looks like I'll be doing the Power Tour this year despite all of the good points that Selena pointed out about G14. I'll go on the Power Tour this year and hit G15 next year. In the Power Tour, I signed up for the Long Haulers to run from the start to finish of the tour. I might refrain from doing race events, this is my DD, but then again, I might run some of them when I get the smell of race gas in my nostrils out there

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #8 of 10 Old 01-21-2010, 12:06 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Cool man! You will have a blast!

We will all be at G15 too, so it's all good!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #9 of 10 Old 01-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

i agree with Tim! have fun on the tour and we'll catch ya next year

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #10 of 10 Old 01-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member

Either choice was a no-lose option. Enjoy yourselves!

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page