Quasi-Contest: Who has the WORST DD. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 01-20-2010, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quasi-Contest: Who has the WORST DD.

Now I know many of us here are just members to either satisfy a craving for things Camaro but just.. don't have the capital to afford the Car of the Gods. That being said.. lets put a shout out thread together to those of us who have to put up with lackluster cars that they wish they could just shove off a cliff and forget about..

You all know mine..

Now how about yours?

Rules:

Must have been in the shop within the last 6 months
Must have been in the shop more than twice a year for non scheduled maintenance
No Year limit
No Make limit
No Model limit

-MUST BE YOUR DD-

And..

You can't own or have on order a 2010 Camaro.

Support MC.com peoples.. $9 bucks. Timmy needs to get that wheelchair into the 10s!

2000 Maple Red Metallic Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
Stock: 303 RWHP / 318.5 RWTQ
1320: 14.29 @ 120.33mph
post #2 of 31 Old 01-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Now I know many of us here are just members to either satisfy a craving for things Camaro but just.. don't have the capital to afford the Car of the Gods. That being said.. lets put a shout out thread together to those of us who have to put up with lackluster cars that they wish they could just shove off a cliff and forget about..

You all know mine..

Now how about yours?

Rules:

No Year limit
No Make limit
No Model limit

-MUST BE YOUR DD-

And..

last rule is no fair!

does the unscheduled routine maintenance include work done on the car yourself???

i know mine wont win but i have a 98 dakota, up until i fixed my idle air control valve and stalling problem i wanted to shove it off a cliff! the clear coat is peeling, i got rear ended in it last weekend and didn't even care (trailer hitches are life savers), there are dents in the front bumper and doors from when i drive to close to a parking garage wall, the ball joints seem to fail every 15,000 miles, and the butt dyno reads "null" now that i've gotten my camaro!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #3 of 31 Old 01-20-2010, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
last rule is no fair!

does the unscheduled routine maintenance include work done on the car yourself???

i know mine wont win but i have a 98 dakota, up until i fixed my idle air control valve and stalling problem i wanted to shove it off a cliff! the clear coat is peeling, i got rear ended in it last weekend and didn't even care (trailer hitches are life savers), there are dents in the front bumper and doors from when i drive to close to a parking garage wall, the ball joints seem to fail every 15,000 miles, and the butt dyno reads "null" now that i've gotten my camaro!

Hey, not everyone can afford a Camaro, even an LS.

Replace 98 Dakota with '01 Exploder and you've got my truck. Unfortunately I can't order a Camaro or even consider one anytime soon. So I just have to look for a good priced, gently used 4th gen. :/

Support MC.com peoples.. $9 bucks. Timmy needs to get that wheelchair into the 10s!

2000 Maple Red Metallic Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
Stock: 303 RWHP / 318.5 RWTQ
1320: 14.29 @ 120.33mph
post #4 of 31 Old 01-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

Mine was in the shop 3 times technically. Air bag light went off, then weatherstrip replacement then oil change (wasn't scheduled). Going to go back in soon-ish for a paint defect.

But I like my car anyway. :O

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 31 Old 01-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Mine was in the shop 3 times technically. Air bag light went off, then weatherstrip replacement then oil change (wasn't scheduled). Going to go back in soon-ish for a paint defect.

But I like my car anyway. :O
why was your air bag light on?.... my dakota's air bag light has been on for about a year now and i can't firgure out why. the dodge dealership wanted $150 to diagnose the problem, and i said, "you can have the truck for $150!"

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #6 of 31 Old 01-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
why was your air bag light on?.... my dakota's air bag light has been on for about a year now and i can't firgure out why. the dodge dealership wanted $150 to diagnose the problem, and i said, "you can have the truck for $150!"
A connector shorted out.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 31 Old 01-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
If this was for best DD thats not a camaro I would of picked my Blazer from outside you wouldnt guess that it has almost 120K miles

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #8 of 31 Old 01-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member

I guess you can say "my" geo tracker is my DD.

'96 Geo Tracker, 127k miles.

Rusty.
post #9 of 31 Old 01-22-2010, 04:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

You all know mine..

Now how about yours?

Rules:

No Year limit
No Make limit
No Model limit

-MUST BE YOUR DD-

And..

Come on with the last rule. Dont be a hater...

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!
post #10 of 31 Old 01-22-2010, 04:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You all know mine.. Now how about yours?Rules:Must have been in the shop within the last 6 monthsMust have been in the shop more thantwice a year for non scheduled maintenanceNo Year limitNo Make limitNo Model limit
-MUST BE YOUR DD-And.. You can't own or have on order a 2010 Camaro.
I have the worst to beat you all. For 10 years I drove and 84 cutlass supreme and it NEVER went to the shop for work because if I couldnt fix it. I was screwed.. And Maintenance involved adding more duct tape to hold the car together because there was more duct tape on the car then steel.. And the 2 main tools I had to carry at all times was a screw driver to start the car when the column lock stuck and a hammer to hit the starter with when it froze up.. in the winters.. Do you know how long the winters are here in NY??? Not to mention the heater broke and had a tranny cooler run on the inside of the car with a fan that was plugged into the cigarette lighter to power the fan to blow heat.. You had it made stop all the crying...

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page