Patience is a Virtue.. but I ain't got it. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 01-20-2010, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Patience is a Virtue.. but I ain't got it.

I have no idea why but this whole economy thing and Camaro this and that has worn my patience thin. It's a virtue that now seems far gone to me even in these times.

Maybe I'm just ranting because I need to get this off my chest or to just garner attention.. Blah.

Anywho; I dunno how the rest of you guys here do it. Those of you that haven't ordered and are waiting; how do you cope with being either Camaroless or the like. I don't know about anyone else here but the wait is just putting me in the crazyhouse and every time I see one on the road or on a lot it just hurts.

It's just so close and yet so far.

Seriously.. how do you guys cope?

Support MC.com peoples.. $9 bucks. Timmy needs to get that wheelchair into the 10s!

2000 Maple Red Metallic Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
Stock: 303 RWHP / 318.5 RWTQ
1320: 14.29 @ 120.33mph
post #2 of 33 Old 01-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Veteran Member

Wow man this thing is really stressing you out! lol,

To be honest, I almost made a thread like this today, I am finally starting to miss driving a car. Oh well, not much you can do right now I guess.
post #3 of 33 Old 01-20-2010, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I figured there'd be more out there. Might as well consider this a self help thread for those going through the same stressors that I am.

Support MC.com peoples.. $9 bucks. Timmy needs to get that wheelchair into the 10s!

post #4 of 33 Old 01-20-2010, 11:54 PM

I know how you feel.
I still have a whole semester of college ahead of me. I need to get A and B on all my classes, if not no camaro I did pretty good last semester but like you said, It's just so close and yet so far.

post #5 of 33 Old 01-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Veteran Member

I really need to get a job. And move out. I have a huge list of priorities, and unfortunately, Camaro is pretty low. If I had to list them at the moment, it'd go something like

1. Get a job
2. Move out of parents place
3. Finish college
4. Get a steady career
5. Get some cheap project car
6. If I can finally afford it... Camaro :/

post #6 of 33 Old 01-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS View Post

I really need to get a job. And move out. I have a huge list of priorities, and unfortunately, Camaro is pretty low. If I had to list them at the moment, it'd go something like

1. Get a job
2. Move out of parents place
3. Finish college
4. Get a steady career
5. Get some cheap project car
6. If I can finally afford it... Camaro :/
Good plan

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #7 of 33 Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member

I'll lend you mine when I'm in PA this summer. Just don't park it near your jinx mobile.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.....it's an experience!"

Need to contact me? layssenATaol.com
post #8 of 33 Old 01-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member

You just have to prioritize. I also think it's something called COMMON SENSE.

I did the whole "must have a car" thing, and I went very broke because of it. That happened because I put everything else on hold because I "couldn't wait." That meant putting off college because I needed all the money I could get to pay for a car. Unfortunately, that also meant working at jobs paying less than $10/hr. Heck, when I had my '00 SS, I was making like $7.50/hr and living at home. Talk about a stupid idea.

Now I've realized what I could have at this point if I would have simply put my pleasures off just a little longer. I'm 26 and just in my 2nd semester at school. I have none of the "toys" that I thought would make me happy forever -- but I'm still paying for them! Meanwhile, my friends who did "the right thing" have more now that I did when I jumped right into the "fun" stuff.

Fortunately, I had a great opportunity when I lived in DC, so I could pay almost all of my bills off (sans about $3000) AND I bought my GTO. Of course, moving back to PA and going back to school, I had to prioritize. I still have the funds that I could go out and get a 5th gen, but I know that I can't right now.

Another thing to take into consideration is if you're struggling just to get a car, how are you going to afford the regular maintenance, gas and insurance? Then it comes down to how are you going to afford to modify the car? Once you get a car and you get around car guys at cruises and stuff, you'll want to start modifying, so don't even say that you'll "leave it stock" -- that's bullcrap.

So, you just have to keep telling yourself that the wait will be worth it. It's very difficult, and it kills me each time I see a car going down the road, or watch something on TV. It's even harder in the spring and summer time when everyone is out at cruises and the track. But, I know I'll have another one when it's SMART to do so. Meanwhile, I will hop on moderncamaro.com and live vicariously through everyone else

My list is:

-Get married in June and go on our honeymoon to the Caribbean.
-Purchase our first home
-Get my 2002 Camaro SS (under $15k purchase)
Those things will be done in 2010 (the SS will happen no later than spring 2011)
-Finish school
-Get a 5th gen Z28
Those should hopefully happen in 2012ish
-Start popping out some kids!

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #9 of 33 Old 01-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

well here goes my list...

* Drop to 175-180lbs (This Summer)
* Work on my degree, Get my GPA up
* Get my motorcycle license (This Spring)
* Get a clean 5 speed Thirdgen
OR
* Get a clean 5 speed Fox
--By this time I should have my degree and have 1 year to myself before the academy.
* Bulk to 200lbs
* Get something a little newer? <--- probably not
* Cop Time

I bet any money this will change completely.
post #10 of 33 Old 01-21-2010, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Well here's where I am:

- Finished College 12/19/09 (3.32GPA)
- Working on my FAA liscenses (800 bucks)
- Working to find a job that pays 9/10 bucks an hour (lowes, local ford dealer for detail/part time sales/parts stock, Best Buy)
- Budgeting out my student loan payments should an FAA job not pop up for a year or so.

And that's the real possibility. In my industry they're calling for 3 years minimum experience on aircraft as a licensed mechanic. I have.. zip. Economy killed my chances at an internship. I honestly don't mind living with my parents because they need help around the house with their still hectic schedule. And I get free food and rent; something I sorely missed while in college.

I'm also single, and pretty much plan to be for the forseeable future.

So in the end, aside from paying for exams which my parents still insist on helping me pay for; I really have no expenses. Truck is paid for outright, titled and insured under my dad to save us all some money. So at this point the only thing I'm working on is getting a job for moneys sake and going from there.

And I'm not expecting to be hired as a mechanic for a few years just because of the way the industry is. I may even end up looking into racing/performance car/truck markets due to my training. I'm just at a crossroads in the middle of the night and my headlights went dead.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page