The Govenment and the BCS. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 01-29-2010, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
mlwheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 30
 
The Govenment and the BCS.

Why does the **** govenment have to stick there nose into everything? Now there going to investigate the BCS about possable antitrust law violations. All because a Utah senitor got his nose bent out of shape because his team went undefeated and did not get to play for the National Campionship. Also, don't you think that the President should focus his attention on the state of the union and not the state of NCAA Football?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/o...-of-BCS-012910

Imperial Blue Metallic/2SS/M6
In My Hands: 12 November 2009

2004 Joe Gibbs Silverado
2000 Pontiac T/A (RIP) 1 November 2009
mlwheeler is offline  
post #2 of 11 Old 01-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,544
 
This is a complete waste of resources.

I'm 50/50 on the BCS. I love how dramatic college football season is -- and I love how big the bowl games are. I think much of the swagger would be lost if it went to a playoff. However, it's very difficult to argue the "fairness" without a playoff.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
demonspeed is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 01-29-2010, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,818
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
This is a complete waste of resources.

I'm 50/50 on the BCS. I love how dramatic college football season is -- and I love how big the bowl games are. I think much of the swagger would be lost if it went to a playoff. However, it's very difficult to argue the "fairness" without a playoff.
lmao thats why so many vote for our president

im a college football fan obviously however its not something our president needs to worry about lol
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old 01-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member
 
el ess X's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 3,055
  
For the love of GOD! (I'm not religious, but it makes a point) I cannot believe how inane Congress can be about the sports issue like it's somehow a problem all Americans face. If there were big time collusion, etc., I could see it, but who gives three craps about how the rules are?

The BCS only seems unfair if your team somehow gets the short end. The beauty of this system is it keeps people from having to gruel out an entire month of January picking between college bowl games and competition from the NFL playoffs.

Besides, if you get the short end of the current system, you retain an arguable point until next year. Otherwise, you have to just shut up.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
el ess X is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 01-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,818
  
I will agree there needs to be a playoff system however I dont think the president needs to worry about this. He needs to run the country not sports.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member
 
WRAITHSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The BX..NY
Posts: 1,420
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I will agree there needs to be a playoff system however I dont think the president needs to worry about this. He needs to run the country not sports.

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!
WRAITHSS is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 01-30-2010, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
mlwheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 30
 
One of the first rules of leadership learned during my days in the Army was to NOT use your rank or position for personel gain. Since the President has made it public knowledge he favors a playoff system and was quoted as saying he would "throw my weight around a little bit" to bring about change in the BCS, it seems he has violated this fundimental rule of leadership and created a conflict of interest. Seems our fearless leader is a bit

Imperial Blue Metallic/2SS/M6
In My Hands: 12 November 2009

2004 Joe Gibbs Silverado
2000 Pontiac T/A (RIP) 1 November 2009
mlwheeler is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 01-31-2010, 08:36 AM
Veteran Member
 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,544
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwheeler View Post
One of the first rules of leadership learned during my days in the Army was to NOT use your rank or position for personel gain. Since the President has made it public knowledge he favors a playoff system and was quoted as saying he would "throw my weight around a little bit" to bring about change in the BCS, it seems he has violated this fundimental rule of leadership and created a conflict of interest. Seems our fearless leader is a bit
He is the only president who hasn't served, correct?

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
demonspeed is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 01-31-2010, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
mlwheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 30
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
He is the only president who hasn't served, correct?
Clinton did not serve, he went to school instead. Guess that would explain a few things though. But, leadership is not just a military thing. Leadership is found in all walks of life, just that it's a bigger deal in the Military.

Imperial Blue Metallic/2SS/M6
In My Hands: 12 November 2009

2004 Joe Gibbs Silverado
2000 Pontiac T/A (RIP) 1 November 2009
mlwheeler is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 01-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
 
TX_SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,794
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwheeler View Post
Clinton did not serve, he went to school instead. Guess that would explain a few things though. But, leadership is not just a military thing. Leadership is found in all walks of life, just that it's a bigger deal in the Military.
Well yeah, because the military leaders aren't just making decisions that affect your job, they make decisions that affect your life!!

Anyways, BCS SmheeCS, no matter what the format, someone will win, more than one will loose, and even more will complain. I like college football, and yes I disagree with the way the BCS works, but if we did it democratically, the final game wouldn't be played until the last week of July each year. Good luck to your team next year, I hope they win every game and have a really tough schedule, it's their best chance really

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
TX_SS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome