I Love My Wife But I Gotta Vent!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

I Love My Wife But I Gotta Vent!!!

So here it goes! Like the title says I love my wife dearly, she is absolutly the best thing thats ever happened to me. But when we went to order our car she had to have black. I love the look it is definatly sexy but I tried to talk her into silver. Because the Camaro is her daily driver and I know how bad it is to maintain that black finish and keep it looking clean. But more than that I know my wife. Its like shes afraid of the car wash. So I told her if you have to have Black your going to help keep it clean. I beleive her exact words were honey if I get this car I wont have any problem taking it to the car wash. Who wants to take a guess how many times shes washed the car?.............................................. ......................... Thats right 0. I have washed and waxed that car since we got it. Now her argument is that she doesn't think it's that dirty when I wash it. What does that mean, not that dirty. Just buy saying that she is saying it's dirty. Black Camaros are beautiful when they are clean, but they lose that awsome look as soon as they get a little dirty. Maybe I just need to let the car look like [email protected]#t. But then I think that reflects on me and how I maintain our vehicles. Am I just a spaz or can any of you guys feel my pain. Ladies of I sound like a fricking nut job let me know. I just need to know am I justified in my frustration or am I a spaz.
Thanks and God bless..........
4life
post #2 of 17 Old 02-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member

i have a black supra.. clean it about every 2 weeks just to keep up.. know what you mean on cleaning it, sucks that you don't drive it

post #3 of 17 Old 02-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
I feel ya i spend atleast 8 hours detailing my car. Black sure looks awesome when clean

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #4 of 17 Old 02-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

black is a be-otch to keep clean... and if she wanted black and promised you she would keep it clean, then she needs to uphold her end of the bargain. she prolly knows you'll just wash it when it gets dirty and she's playing that game. i say, just let it get funky as hell and see how long it takes her to wash it.

from a ladies perspective, taking it to the friggin car wash ain't even hard. i never take mine to a car wash and always use a soft lambswool mitt and all my Zaino layers... but then again... i am super meticulous when it comes to my nice cars. she doesn't even have to do all that by taking it to the car wash so she has no excuse.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #5 of 17 Old 02-03-2010, 11:12 AM

I have had so many black cars its rediculous lol. They are def the best looking car when they are spotless but if you drive down the road a couple blocks well lets just say you need to wipe it down again lol. I tried to keep my 95 as clean as possible. I would even clean it up real good before going to the dragstrip and my buddies would all laugh at me and say I was crazy for doing so. I am a fanatic about keeping the Camaro's clean, even though this time I opted for a different color than black

Glenn
2010 Inferno Orange Metallic SSRS
post #6 of 17 Old 02-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member

my fiance never cleaned her car since the day she got it, and always forgot when the oil needed to be changed.

the end result was a POS car with oxidation along the entire hood, roof, and trunk. and it runs like crap. thank god newer vehicles have a oil indicator light, because she once went 10,000 miles without changing it, and asked me why her car was acting funny (facepalm!)

i fear i will be the one to maintain all the vehicles once we get married!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #7 of 17 Old 02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

I have a black car..and looking back...I totally should have got the silver one.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 17 Old 02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Veteran Member

I'd tell her that she needs to make up for this travesty... in some way or another...

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #9 of 17 Old 02-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
I'd tell her that she needs to make up for this travesty... in some way or another...

post #10 of 17 Old 02-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member

BOW CHICKA BOW WOW!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page