Thanks, My Thoughts exactly... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Thanks, My Thoughts exactly...

https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...t=20922&page=5

The thread may be locked, and it may be taboo to link a locked thread, but I wanted to whole heartedly agree with, and thank 2010 SS RS. And to Milk I will say, when C5 gets a professional or even mature moderators that can manage the population, then you can come over here and bash us if we talk sh%t about your beloved site. Till then, I see it as... call it as you see it, there's nothing your former members have said here that hasn't already been said by long time 5thgen/moderncamaro members in the past. 2 cents, plink.

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #2 of 15 Old 02-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
We can't be fighting amongst ourselves (even tho 5GO is the best) we all have a common rival the rustang..., and we all prefer American over imports

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanChevy View Post
We can't be fighting amongst ourselves (even tho 5GO is the best) we all have a common rival the rustang..., and we all prefer American over imports

post #4 of 15 Old 02-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Veteran Member

Maybe they need to utilize the genius of Nine Ball, Pro Stock John and Brains on how to run a site.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #5 of 15 Old 02-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Veteran Member

My personal view on it is this:

If someone wants to give their opinion about experiences with another website, vendor, or whomever in this forum, they should be able to voice said opinion good or bad (within the host site rules, obviously). When you can't do it constructively, threads get locked and/or vanish. What good is THAT?

As an owner of another car-related site forum, I understand not everyone will be happy with the way things are run at your site and will talk about it with others. I don't troll other websites to take my site's dirty laundry elsewhere. I don't care because I cannnot control everyone else's opinions. And our PM's are actually private. I can't see what other people write to each other. As it should be. To do so otherwise says to me you're micromanaging people's actions and it only leads to more unrest. Apparently someone at C5 got butt-hurt and felt like they needed to air out C5's issues on THIS forum instead of keeping it at their own house. Trival and immature at the very least, because that doesn't help matters, it only inflames them. It surely didn't help C5's overall image IMO and it was sad to see. I'd expect it from a Mustang site, but not another ally site. We should be helping rather than attacking each other.

As pointed out, BOTH sites are dedicated to Camaros, and both sites serve different needs for different folks. I'm a fan of sharing ideas and information and make for everyone's benefit by debating the issues, not attacking the messenger when there are disagreements. I'm not into pissing matches to see who's is bigger and I see more of that on other sites. That's why I chose 5GO/Moderncamaro.com as my 5th gen "home". This doesn't mean C5 or Moderncamaro are better or worse than each other. C5 doesn't fit my needs as much is all.

Every site has good folks looking to have fun and talk about their favorite things. And every site has problems and problem children, but IMO, Moderncamaro has far less of them per capita than other sites.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #6 of 15 Old 02-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

If there was no drama there, we wouldn't need to post threads about it here. There's a reason why it seems like a lot of members are coming here lately. I too was "warned" about sending PM's inviting people to our local club/site.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
If there was no drama there, we wouldn't need to post threads about it here. There's a reason why it seems like a lot of members are coming here lately. I too was "warned" about sending PM's inviting people to our local club/site.
Makes you wonder how they found out. Either people around there are snitches or the mods snoop in on PM's.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 15 Old 02-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Makes you wonder how they found out. Either people around there are snitches or the mods snoop in on PM's.
they do

post #9 of 15 Old 02-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe all of you C5 members should start pm'ing whacked-out stuff to each other and attempt to throw off the pm nannies.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #10 of 15 Old 02-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member

That's just messed up, man.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page