Over 30... Too funny. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 02-17-2010, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Over 30... Too funny.

I just got this in an email and found myself laughing and agreeing, god i am getting old.

Subject: Over 30
>
>
>
>
>
>
> When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning.... Uphill... Barefoot... BOTH ways… Yadda, yadda, yadda
>
> And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!
> But now that I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a **** Utopia!
> And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!
>
> I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the **** library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!
>
> There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen!
> Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox, and it would take like a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!
>
> Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!
>
> There were no MP3's or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the record store and shoplift it yourself!
>
> Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio, and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished, and the tape would come undone..Cause-that's how we rolled, dig?
>
> We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called, they got a busy signal, that's it!
>
> There weren't any freakin' cell phones either. If you left the house, you just didn't make a **** call or receive one. You actually had to be out of touch with your "friends". OH MY GOD !!! Think of the horror.. And then there's TEXTING.. yeah, right. You kids have no idea how annoying you are.
>
> And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!
>
> We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen.... Forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!
>
> You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel! NO REMOTES!!!
>
> There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying? We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-faces!
>
> And we didn't have microwaves. If we wanted to heat something up, we had to use the stove! Imagine that!
>
> That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980 or before!
>
> Regards,
> The Over 30 Crowd
> (Send this to someone you'd like to make smile, whether they are under 30 or not.)

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!
post #2 of 21 Old 02-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Ain't that the truth

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 21 Old 02-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

Let us not forget that when we did "channel surf" we only had a maximum of 9 choices - ABC, NBC, CBS and the local affiliates (that would be 7) and then two really cool UHF channels!! (The only place you could find Speed Racer!)

IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!
post #4 of 21 Old 02-17-2010, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Go speed racer go! And if you palyed the Atari too long you missed it.

post #5 of 21 Old 02-17-2010, 12:31 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

LOL. It's so true!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #6 of 21 Old 02-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member

<_<

post #7 of 21 Old 02-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Dang I remember all that. When I was a kid we played out side all day. Nothing to keep you in except for the unbeatable space invaders....

Black 2SS/RS 6M ordered 5-23-09 : 3000 9-4-09: TPW-9-28-09 : VIN# 10-6-09 : Received 10-28-09 Perma Grin since
post #8 of 21 Old 02-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member

Things like this make me mad a little bit, but so no bickering insues I'll leave it short.

We're human for a reason, we adapt and evolve.
post #9 of 21 Old 02-17-2010, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I thought it was funny & it made me laugh, but if you are mad at it bicker away Adam, I posted it & I'm ok with what ever you want to say. Just keep mustangs out of it

post #10 of 21 Old 02-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member

No reason to get into it, its for you old folks not us young guns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page