a question - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

a question

does anyone here own a satun vehicle and if so how well is it made? my wife is lookin at a saturn sky that looks really nice i know it's a camaro forum but i thought i would ask for your thoughts
post #2 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Veteran Member

The Sky is more what I would call the "new" Saturn which shared things with other GM vehicles. It's the same as the Pontiac Solstice. The "old" Saturns were the S, L and first gen Vue. The rest are all shared platforms.

Soo... with that said -- The Sky will probably be perfect for your wife. I'm sure most that you will find for sale have been babied by other women. Find a Redline if you want a bit more pep. Give Google a search for Sky/Solstice forums.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #3 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

i thought they shared with gm do you happen to know which 4 banger it has?
post #4 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert48 View Post
Standard with the 2.4 170hp. Redline is 2.0 turbo 260hp.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #5 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert48 View Post
They didn't really "share" with GM. They were owned by GM.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 04:54 PM

I had a Pontiac Solstice GXP before I bought my camaro, which is the exact same as the Sky Redline. I really liked the car a lot. Great gas mileage and a lot of fun to drive. I would not recommend this car if you have kids or if you like to do a lot of traveling. There is zero trunk space and if you do have something in there you can forget about putting the top down. Overall I think the interior is better on the Sky, but I liked the looks of the car better with the Solstice. There are very good forums for both the Solstice and the Sky that you can check out. Look for KappaPerformance on google. You will be able to find just about any answer you need from those.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 04:57 PM

The engines were Ecotec's, same as the HHR and I think that new buick regal GS will have it to.
post #8 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Supporter of common sense

Saturns were great cars, best looking overall lineup offered by GM for sure.
A+ Customer service. Sad to see them go.

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #9 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Premium Member

Garage
My wife is on her second Saturn. Her 1st was an L200. Great car. Nice ride, Traded on a 2009 Vue, which she loves more than me sometimes...

Both excellent cars. Very reliable, low maintenance. They seem to run forever. When we were at the dealership a guy was picking up his Saturn. He was having the drivers seat replaced. Over 500,000 miles. He said it's the only thing he's had to replace. He wore out the cloth getting in and out. He's a salesman on the road a lot.

It's cool. I have the Camaro!

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Veteran Member

I would be driving an Ion right now instead of a G5 if they put the instrument panel in a sane spot..not in the middle of the friggin dash.

And yeah..saturns are tough-as-tanks guitars. I used to have a friend that had a late 90's saturn, manual..no power steering. Must have been a fleet car at one point in time. He gave me my first(and only) lesson on how to drive stick in that thing. It was his wife's before it was his..and it originally came from South Dakota (along with them). Even with over 150,000 miles on it he would take the non-stop trip to South Dakota at least once a year. It was surprisingly peppy for only having 100HP. I never heard him complain about anything breaking on it. They moved to New Hampshire now and the media guy from my church has it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by Luwinkle; 05-28-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page