The Evolution of Friendly Competition - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-28-2010, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

The Evolution of Friendly Competition

so this story is going back about three years when cody and i first met. we actually met four wheeling and cody's best friend was out on the run with us. his best friend came as part of the package with cody, which didn't bother me at all as les soon became one of my closest friends too. the first run together consisted of these three trucks

my old bronco rocking 33" all terrain tires

cody's titan on 33's

and les's jeep on 33's

cody and i both daily drove our trucks (meaning we had to drive them to and from work every day and then take them out as weekend warriors) les however had a tow rig. it was a 2005 Jeep Liberty Diesel. which sadly i do not have pics of

so fast forward to a few months later and i made the decision to add some modifications to my bronco. bringing the total amount of lift to 9" and replaced the 33" tires with 37" tires

this in turn led to cody not liking the fact that my truck was taller then his and he found a new toy to play in the mud with. 1973 landcruiser on 38" tires

following suit les didn't want to be the little guy any more and brought his jeep up on 37's as well

this set up lasted about 6-8 months before cody decided he just wasn't big enough. an icon in the 4wheeling community came up for sale to get parted out and it was too much of a sin to see it all go away in pieces. we made a deal with the owner/builder to take the truck without engine and transfer cases (doubler) and this came home to our garage

less then 6 months later les felt the need to be able to go the same places that cody was going and he traded a jeep for a jeep

now posed the problem of getting all the trucks to trail. i was tired of driving my bronco every day so i decided that i would get a tow rig capable of towing mine and cody's trucks on one trailer instead of him having to use his titan

so i came home with this

so having taken cody's titan out of the equation as a tow rig les decided that he also needed something bigger to tow his now bigger jeep with. so comes about a half ton dodge which i also do not have pictures off

anyways cody loves the power and torque of the diesel and feels that the titan just isn't cutting it any more as his daily driver. so next purchase became this

well you can only imagine about 2 weeks later les has a shiny new to him tow rig

after another summer of me trying to keep up with the "big boys" i'd had about enough of being the little one and made an upgrade myself

the added weight of the 79 bronco soon became too much for my duramax so i trumped both of the boys and brought my dually home (HA HA i win!!)

bring this all forward about another year as our beautiful new baby makes her arrival at home

well low and behold what happens to show up in les's garage tonight. a brand new Z04 beamer

i might be the only one that finds all of this absolutely hillarious. but i'm thinking a few others here might too

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #2 of 8 Old 05-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Me and my father were like that one would buy a new car the other would go right behind them and 1 up them.. so i can relate

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-29-2010, 06:05 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Wait 'til he finds out his BMW is slower than your Camaro!

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #4 of 8 Old 05-29-2010, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

hahah i think he already knows cuz he's turning down a race

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #5 of 8 Old 06-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member

LOL, all 3 of your wallets/bank accounts are very sorry that you guys met! Nice progression there Kitty, but now the question is: what kind of sprots car is Cody going to get now, surley he will not be satisfies with SHARING the Camaro with you for very much longer not that Les has stepped up the game.

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!
post #6 of 8 Old 06-02-2010, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

hahahah cody and i both know that our camaro will eat les's beamer for dinner so we're not too worried

and i made the deal with cody that if i get my camaro that he gets to lift his diesel. so we've been pricing out lift kits and tires for his diesel. he's just grinning ear to ear

and yes our bank accounts hate us with a passion lol

post #7 of 8 Old 06-02-2010, 01:53 PM
ZL1 @ MSRP

Which one of you has the last name of 'Jones'?

lol

I enjoyed the story Kitty. :-)

Anna Bearinger
Sparta Chevrolet
616-887-1791
[email protected]

PROUD NAVY MOM
post #8 of 8 Old 06-02-2010, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

hahha keeping up with the jones no freaking kidding

ya we just burst out laughing when we saw the pics of les's bmw. we knew it wasn't going to take long

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page