I Got Backed Into - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 06-03-2010, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I Got Backed Into

right now i don't know if i want to throw up or cry. i went to get lunch and parked the car behind a jeep. i remember thinking to myself that it was covered in mud and probably from the reservation so i gave myself lots of room. when i came back out from getting lunch the jeep was gone and there was another car in front of where the jeep was. i thought wow that car didn't leave that jeep much room. i went around to the front of my car and sure enough it had been scrubbed by the jeep. the nose right at the point has been scuffed. no plastic is broken.

i'm just heartbroken and shaking right now

i don't even know how hard this is going to be to fix

has anyone had any experience with having to get this fixed? man i need to put another call into my insurance company as well

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #2 of 44 Old 06-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member

Makes you want to really hurt them, so sorry Kitty. If the paint is just scuffed it may be able to be wet sanded out? I am sure some of the experts will chime in. I started taking pics of LIC plate #'s after my 3rd door ding and inspecting when I got back to the car. I really try to park in the back 40 if I can. Drive one of your big trucks to town, find the Jeep, and go "Oops, sorry I flattend your little peice of crap buddy".

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!
post #3 of 44 Old 06-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

Jeep drivers just seem to be messed up. I used to have a friend at my last job whose S-10 got hit by a Jeep leaving the parking lot. The useless supervisors never looked at the surveillance tapes to see who it was.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #4 of 44 Old 06-03-2010, 02:23 PM
ZL1 @ MSRP

I'm sorry Kitty...that just plain stinks.

Some people...

Anna Bearinger
Sparta Chevrolet
616-887-1791
[email protected]

PROUD NAVY MOM
post #5 of 44 Old 06-03-2010, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

oh jon thank you that actually made me smile just thinking of doing that

i have an apt at 3 with the body shop in town to get a rough idea of what it will cost to have it repaired. i'm not going to make a police report or contact my insurance till i know roughly where the bill is going to be. my collision deduct is $500 so if it's going to cost less then that to fix (which i'm hoping to god it will by about half if not less) then i'll avoid those two and just get it fixed

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #6 of 44 Old 06-03-2010, 02:36 PM

Sorry to hear about the jeep problem.....I am crossing my fingers for you. please don't cost very much

Black 2SS/RS 6M ordered 5-23-09 : 3000 9-4-09: TPW-9-28-09 : VIN# 10-6-09 : Received 10-28-09 Perma Grin since
post #7 of 44 Old 06-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Supporter of common sense

That sucks. Been there myself a few times

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #8 of 44 Old 06-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Veteran Member

that SUCKS...world is full of morons. I've been avoiding parking lots in my car.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #9 of 44 Old 06-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Sorry about that kitty i know the feeling someone got my back quater panel the other day made me sick to my stomach

If it just scuffed might be able to buff it out if you have a machine buffer and some aggresive cutting compound or swirl remover then polish it back up.....

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #10 of 44 Old 06-03-2010, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

the guy at the body shop seems to figure that the entire bumper will have to be taken off and repainted. i'm going to see if i can find a second opinion. i really don't want to have to go through insurance again especially with my collision deduct at $500

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page