Geeks, I need help with this...
I am customizing a laptop online. I will have it in college so it needs to qualify for the type of work I will be doing.
It is a Dell Studio 15
Here is what I have chosen:
Software & Services
COLORS Black Chainlink
PROCESSORS NEW 2010 Intel® Core™ i5-430M 2.26GHz (2.53GHz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
MEMORY 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz
HARD DRIVE 500GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
MOBILE CONNECTIVITY Internal Mobile Broadband not included
WARRANTY AND SERVICE 3 Year Basic Service Plan
VIDEO CARD Intel® HD Graphics
HD DISPLAY 15.6” High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife™ and Camera
WIRELESS CARDS Dell 1501 Wireless-N
KEYBOARD Back-lit Keyboard
BATTERY OPTIONS 56 Whr Lithium Ion Battery (6 cell)
BLUETOOTH Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Internal (2.1)
OPTICAL DRIVE 8X Slot Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
SOUND OPTIONS High Definition Audio 2.2
OFFICE SOFTWARE Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2010
SECURITY SOFTWARE McAfee SecurityCenter, 36-Months
DATASAFE ONLINE BACKUP Dell Online Backup 2GB for 1 year
PROCESSOR Studio 15 Laptop
INTEGRATED WEBCAM No Touch Software
Adobe Reader Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 9, Multiple Languages
I am majoring in architecture, where these are the requirements:
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 80GB
Optical Drive: CD-RW/DVD-Rom
I have some questions:
1. What is the importance of the video card? I will be running large programs and cant have them lag or anything. Did I choose the correct video card or should I get the "ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470, 1GB" for $150?
2. Did I choose the correct wireless card for the requirement? I dont understand what the B/G means. The one I chose has "n" in it, so will it not work?
My other choices are:
Intel© Centrino© Advanced-N 6200
Intel© Centrino© Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250
3. I know I have enough RAM according to the requirements, but im a casual gamer. Would I need more than 4GB?
4. Is the 2.26Ghz Intel Core i5 processor what I need? I dont understand which one i need.
5. If you notice anything that should be upgraded or downgraded, please comment
Thank you for the help and answer/comment on whatever you can.