EReaders - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 06-22-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

EReaders

so i know there are some book lovers on this site and i was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the ereaders out there.

we are seriously considering getting one for hubby so he doesn't have to pack a bunch of books with him when he goes out on a job

the main one that we are looking at right now is the kobo ereader

so ya any experience good bad or otherwise would love to hear it and know if it's worth the money

my biggest fear in spending the money on it is not finding enough titles that he'll want to download and read. he's pretty specific on what he likes for books

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #2 of 28 Old 06-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
I prefer the old fashion way of reading actual books just like how I like reading The newspaper in print

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #3 of 28 Old 06-22-2010, 01:55 PM

Whatever you do, tell him to pass on the Playboy subscription; it just isn't the same.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #4 of 28 Old 06-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member

the ipad was built for readers, but has a lot of other cool stuff built in. it's like an ipod touch except bigger and you can buy and read books on it.

but it is probably more pricey than all the other ereaders.

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #5 of 28 Old 06-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
so i know there are some book lovers on this site and i was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the ereaders out there.

we are seriously considering getting one for hubby so he doesn't have to pack a bunch of books with him when he goes out on a job

the main one that we are looking at right now is the kobo ereader

so ya any experience good bad or otherwise would love to hear it and know if it's worth the money

my biggest fear in spending the money on it is not finding enough titles that he'll want to download and read. he's pretty specific on what he likes for books

I dont know if you mean books or magazines but I use Zinio.com on a few of my mags
check out Zinio.com
post #6 of 28 Old 06-22-2010, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

no actual books is what we want it for. and i like the ereader cuz ya it's cheap and it works like an ipod/ipad does where he can link it to his laptop or to his blackberry

i prefer holding onto a book as well but with him being gone for upwards of 40 some odd days at a time that's alot of books to pack when you need the space for clothes and stuff lol

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #7 of 28 Old 06-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member

Never really heard of the Kobo. Have you thought about Amazon's "Kindle"?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 28 Old 06-22-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Never really heard of the Kobo. Have you thought about Amazon's "Kindle"?
I can vouch for the Kindle. Great product with no issues to date.

2010 1LT RS, M6, Silver w/black stripes
post #9 of 28 Old 06-22-2010, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

haven't looked at the kindle yet. will go do some research on that one

i found the kobo from the chapters/indigo website. and that one led me to the sony ereader, but then i went back to the kobo cuz the book selection from their online store is 100x times bigger then sony. the books are more expesive through them, but the reader itself is alot cheaper and gotta go for the overall selection too. going to do no good if we buy a reader for him and there's no books that he wants to read lol

off to look at the kindle. thanks guys

post #10 of 28 Old 06-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
haven't looked at the kindle yet. will go do some research on that one

i found the kobo from the chapters/indigo website. and that one led me to the sony ereader, but then i went back to the kobo cuz the book selection from their online store is 100x times bigger then sony. the books are more expesive through them, but the reader itself is alot cheaper and gotta go for the overall selection too. going to do no good if we buy a reader for him and there's no books that he wants to read lol

off to look at the kindle. thanks guys
You're welcome.
The Kindle came out before sony's..and since it's amazon..their selection is reportedly massive.

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireles...pf_rd_i=507846

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page