Step Brothers living in harmony - Camaro - 'Cuda - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-27-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Step Brothers living in harmony - Camaro - 'Cuda

It has been a little over one year since I bought my 2010 Camaro 1LT and I couldn't be happier with it - it's my daily driver. It's funny saying that about a GM product because I've been a die hard Mopar guy my entire life (42,yrs old) and have owned countless Mopar muscle cars. I never got into the GM stuff at all or the Ford stuff. When I heard Chrysler was going to bring out the new Challenger a few years ago I was stoked to say the least. Although, I wish it would have been the 'Cuda instead of the Challenger, which, unlike the Camaro of old and the Firebird, the 'Cuda and Challenger have zero interchangeable body parts. In fact, the Challenger is 2" longer than the 'Cuda. Anyway, after seeing the Challenger (all of it) I realized it was huge and although it looked good I wasn't loosing sleep over it. But, being the Mopar guy that I am (was) I tried to buy a 6 cyl Challenger from two different local dealers. They believed the care was made of gold and wanted 5K over sticker before they would even talk to me about it - yes, for a 6cyl. I didn't realize my life would change for ever the next day while driving home from work. There is a GM dealer that I would pass everyday on my way home and on that day a brand new 1LT was sitting on their lot. I thought OK, whatever, the Chevy guys will have fun with that. About a month went buy and I couldn't get the car off my mind so I stopped in after work (first time ever to a GM dealership) and looked it over. As it turned out, to my surprise, I knew the salesperson there and he let me drive it. It was instant love. I was in shock over how awesome this car was that my mind was spinning. To make this long story shorter, we made a deal and I bought it. I am exactly what GM needs right now - a die hard from another brand switching over to them. It will be hard for me to ever buy another Chrysler product which is a weird thing for me to say. Anyway, my 1970 'Cuda is in the middle of an OE style restoration by me and they have been living together for just over a year now and didn't fight once (yet). Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	6735  

2010 1LT Camaro BLACK
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda, factory 440 + 6, factory N96, all numbers matching

post #2 of 3 Old 06-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member

As you can tell I'm a die hard chevy fanatic however if I had to have another Brand it would be one car

CUDA MEAN LOOKING SOB"S

Awsome pic the Camaro looks good sitting beside it
post #3 of 3 Old 06-28-2010, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks man!! I feel I have the best of both worlds now. By the way, where did you buy the stripe on your Camaro (2010)? I've seen lots of hockey stripes for sale but nothing like that. Right now I have the standard GM style in flat black over the gloss black paint but I've been looking for something longer in the front with the two thin pinstripes around the whole thing - not easy to find, but I don't know all the places to look either. I would want it in white. Yours fits the bill nicely. Also, for those with a sharp eye for Mopars, my car is a California car - built and sold there and is coded for N95 and N97, so no chrome tips out of the rear. Turn downs only. Thanks, Rob

2010 1LT Camaro BLACK
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda, factory 440 + 6, factory N96, all numbers matching

Last edited by black1LT; 06-28-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page