alright...... anyone got a Mopar? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 07-12-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

alright...... anyone got a Mopar?

It feels kinda weird owning a mopar and being on a camaro forum.......are there any other Mopar guys around?

Maybe anyone with a nieghbor that's a mopar guy?

If so, what mopars do you have?

I have a 96 dakota (see sig)

And my parents have an 02 durango, and an 07 ram 3500 flatbed

My grandparents also drive a 300c.....

LOLz....there is some Chevy in the family though...my brother has a 94 Beretta z26,
My other grandbarents are 100% buick, and my uncle used to be parts manager at the local chevy dealer for 25(or so) years......

So.......post em up folks!!!!!

post #2 of 40 Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member

Its cool because your truck is badass minus the wheels.
post #3 of 40 Old 07-12-2010, 09:02 PM

I always loved Dodge but i love American Cars so I dont see it weird to be on a Camaro Forum... Easier to find than a Hemi Cuda Forum
post #4 of 40 Old 07-12-2010, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Ok....quick sidetrack on the wheels......

I would not have picked 20s, but a guy on a local mopar form dropped by a thread where I was talking about doing different rims/tires, and I was set on 17s.......I even have a set of tires in the garage that were given to me for 17s.....

Buuuuutttttt......this guy asked if I wanted a set of 20s....I said I would consider it, for the right price....he said come to my house and get them outta my crawlspace, they are yours.....I was like you mean you are giving them to me? He said yep......come on over and we can throw em on your truck......

So for $0 are they a bit more appealing?? LOLz

post #5 of 40 Old 07-12-2010, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle View Post
I always loved Dodge but i love American Cars so I dont see it weird to be on a Camaro Forum... Easier to find than a Hemi Cuda Forum
LOL......well, how about this....I am on 3 dodge truck forums, a chicago mopar forum, AND this forum.........

post #6 of 40 Old 07-12-2010, 09:29 PM

Our family hauler, and hauler of anything, RV/boat/trailer etc. is a 08 Dodge Durango Adventurer. It is very nice, very capable, and we like it a lot. It is our third Durango. We have had a 98, 04, and now the 08. The 5.7L Hemi is a very nice piece of machinery.

In fact, I went out looking for Challenger RT the day I bought my Camaro. The Challenger is great car in its own right. But to even start competing with the Camaro, you have to pony up the cash for an SRT and the added insurance the letters "SRT" brings with it, and even then, well, I am sure you have read the reviews. I am sure I would have been perfectly happy with a Challenger RT if I had not driven the Camaro. I think the Challenger is an awesome tribute to the Challenger of old. Great looking car...

Rob

2011 Cyber Grey Metallic, 2SS, 6M, and nothing more...
but who needs more than that??
post #7 of 40 Old 07-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member

I traded in a 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T when I got my Camaro, does that count me as a Mopar guy?

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #8 of 40 Old 07-12-2010, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_SS View Post
I traded in a 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T when I got my Camaro, does that count me as a Mopar guy?
that makes you a traitor

Just kidding!

post #9 of 40 Old 07-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member

yep, my dad's brand new dodge ram was great until it blew 3 transmissions in 2 years..

dad's done a hell of a lot more in the 7 years he's had his Silverado 2500 hd than he ever tried with that big dodge, and guess which one never broke?

i love the chally, but i'm somewhat jaded with dodge trucks.

post #10 of 40 Old 07-12-2010, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedcorvette View Post
yep, my dad's brand new dodge ram was great until it blew 3 transmissions in 2 years..

dad's done a hell of a lot more in the 7 years he's had his Silverado 2500 hd than he ever tried with that big dodge, and guess which one never broke?

i love the chally, but i'm somewhat jaded with dodge trucks.
I will give that the tranny and U joints are complete garbage on the newer rams.....dads ram is going in for the second set of U joints in 50k miles tomorrow.........

However, I am somewhat jaded against chevy trucks....our last truck was a chevy 3500hd.....was on the hook as much as it was on the road.....in the 140k mi we had it, we went thru 5 fuel pumps, 3 sets of injectors, 3 oil cooler lines, 2 steering boxes....etc.......

But, to each his own!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page