I might be getting one of these soon... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 07-20-2010, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

I might be getting one of these soon...

A 2010 or 2011 VW GTI!
I went to a vw dealership with my dad. I really like it.

My dad wants me to get a 4 cylinder car, so if im not getting a camaro why not a 4 cylinder turbo that does not look ricer. Personally i think it looks really cool and feels fast even though is not that fast
what do you guys think?

Last edited by APCamaro; 07-20-2010 at 10:34 PM.
post #2 of 29 Old 07-20-2010, 11:38 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Get a Chevy Cobalt SS instead.
More powerful turbo-4, better performance, better gas mileage, and a longer warranty too!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #3 of 29 Old 07-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member

They hace some carbon type rims that IMO looks better on black..

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!
post #4 of 29 Old 07-21-2010, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneSS/RS View Post
Get a Chevy Cobalt SS instead.
More powerful turbo-4, better performance, better gas mileage, and a longer warranty too!
I would but my dad wants me to get an automatic transmission which the cobalt ss does not offer.

post #5 of 29 Old 07-21-2010, 01:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APCamaro View Post
I would but my dad wants me to get an automatic transmission which the cobalt ss does not offer.
So he doesn't want you to learn how to drive stick and instead just drive while texting, distracted by little random things instead of paying attention to the road and rowing gears?

I feel sorry for you. Having a parent or someone else involved in a car purchase can be both a blessing and a curse. However don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

It took me 8 years to get my first V8 car, and my first Manual transmission. Your time will come. Until then if he's willing to give you car I suggest this. Make sure you get the LS8.

Support MC.com peoples.. $9 bucks. Timmy needs to get that wheelchair into the 10s!

2000 Maple Red Metallic Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
Stock: 303 RWHP / 318.5 RWTQ
1320: 14.29 @ 120.33mph
post #6 of 29 Old 07-21-2010, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
So he doesn't want you to learn how to drive stick and instead just drive while texting, distracted by little random things instead of paying attention to the road and rowing gears?

I feel sorry for you. Having a parent or someone else involved in a car purchase can be both a blessing and a curse. However don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

It took me 8 years to get my first V8 car, and my first Manual transmission. Your time will come. Until then if he's willing to give you car I suggest this. Make sure you get the LS8.
I don't text and drive don't worry. He is buying me a "brand new car" and I am thankful. I don't think I am in the place to be picky about a car. Later on when I have time hopefully I will buy me a third gen f-body with a manual tranny.
btw your car is awesome

post #7 of 29 Old 07-21-2010, 02:33 AM
Veteran Member

My dad made me get a automatic for my 2nd vehicle..it bothered me for the 3.5 years I owned it. So I went into massive debt buying a new manual car, lol.

Talk him into letting you get a Camaro V6 Auto instead. Around the same price..and it's a Camaro!
It's also not a VW, double win!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 29 Old 07-21-2010, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
My dad made me get a automatic for my 2nd vehicle..it bothered me for the 3.5 years I owned it. So I went into massive debt buying a new manual car, lol.

Talk him into letting you get a Camaro V6 Auto instead. Around the same price..and it's a Camaro!
It's also not a VW, double win!
I did... for a whole year (no kidding). But whatever, it is better than a stupid honda civic.

post #9 of 29 Old 07-21-2010, 04:38 AM
Veteran Member

No need for debt until your out of college.

Don't waste the money, buy a beater, and down the road buy a camaro if thats what you want.
post #10 of 29 Old 07-21-2010, 05:52 AM
Veteran Member

i actually like the looks of those gti's. i personally wouldnt buy one, but theres one in my area. its white with black tinted taillights. all debadged. looks very slick.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page