Moving to Germany, any suggestions? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-21-2010, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Moving to Germany, any suggestions?

I will be getting out of the Army on 08OCT2010. The Camaro is being shipped around the 1st. My problem is once I get to Germany I will not be able to get the American gas at first until I find a job on post. So because they pay about 2 euros a liter the Camaro will not be a daily driver. Also the winters in Bavaria would really be fun with a rear wheel drive car. I have had a BMW over there and loved it before. But I am, thinking about a mid 2000's Audi a3 2 door hatchback. I don't know if anyone on here would have any experience with these or not?
post #2 of 10 Old 08-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwiest12 View Post
I will be getting out of the Army on 08OCT2010. The Camaro is being shipped around the 1st. My problem is once I get to Germany I will not be able to get the American gas at first until I find a job on post. So because they pay about 2 euros a liter the Camaro will not be a daily driver. Also the winters in Bavaria would really be fun with a rear wheel drive car. I have had a BMW over there and loved it before. But I am, thinking about a mid 2000's Audi a3 2 door hatchback. I don't know if anyone on here would have any experience with these or not?
early 2000s audis will be in the shop every other week.. a bmw is a safe bet, but a volvo s60, or a subie wrx would serve you better.. if you do get an early 2000s bimmer, make sure it's had the subframe issue fixed, otherwise get an M or a convertible.. both have reinforced rear subframes

Last edited by thedcorvette; 08-21-2010 at 12:50 PM.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-21-2010, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

I was looking and I like what I am seeing and reading about the WRX.
post #4 of 10 Old 08-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I was looking and I like what I am seeing and reading about the WRX.
they're very popular out here in Colorado, lots of fun in the winter, just ugly IMO, but if your camaro makes up for it, so be it, turbo 4 banger should do pretty well on gas, and they are quick

post #5 of 10 Old 08-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member

S5.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #6 of 10 Old 08-22-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
ya got the "autobahn" now!..drool!..drool!..sweet!
post #7 of 10 Old 08-23-2010, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Yeah its kinda nice. Last time I was there I had 5 series and then a opel. This time I am taking the Camaro and a Ducati.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-25-2010, 10:12 PM

Left lane is for passing only! So I have heard. Kidding of course.

Thanks for your service!

ZL1213 (formerly Z OHHH 6)

2010 2SS/RS (Auto/L99)
2012 ZL1 #213 - M6, Black on Black
post #9 of 10 Old 08-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member

This is off topic, but may I ask why you are going to live in Germany? I assume you're an American soldier, and you are going to stay in Germany?

Just wondering since I have a family friend that lives there.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-26-2010, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

My wife is German and my daughter is half kraut. We bought a house over there. I will be (hooefully) be a vehicle distribution manager for one of the post over there The early education for my daughter is leaps and bounds ahead of us. The High Schools and colleges here are better so once she reached that age we are planning on coming back. My daughter has free college and if anyone here is on Active Duty or was on Active Duty you really need to go talk to a VA rep from your state because the college for your kids is most likely already paid for you just don't know it.

Yes the left side is just for passing. They flash there light and they are coming. I have been passed doing 240KPH like it was nothing by an Opel wagon before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page