My Experience With a New Dealership - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-23-2010, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

My Experience With a New Dealership

Most of you know how bad of an experience i had ordering and purchasing my camaro last summer in houston. since then i have bashed dealerships (except the guys active here) for ripping people off and poor customer service.

well, that all changed this past weekend when i bought my new truck!!!

my salesperson was so helpful and i feel like she got me a really good deal on the truck. in addition to the $6k rebate for buying a new 2010 model, she negotiated between me and her sales manager to get me to the monthly payments i wanted to be at. i really low balled them at first asking for dealer cost, but we settled in the middle right around invoice price. so i ended up with a $34k MSRP +ttl truck for $27k OTD including ttl!!!

but the customer service did not end there after the sell like i would have expected! it rained for once out here the night i took delivery, so she said bring it back in the morning and we will wash it for you! brought it back and in 10 minutes the truck was spotless!

but the customer service didn't end there. see they had to have the truck hauled over from another dealership 20 miles away, because it had all the options i wanted on it so i didn't have to wait for them to add the stuff to a truck already on their lot. the dealership it was at installed tint already on the truck. well over the weekend i noticed 2 scratches in the glass and the tint had bubbles in it. i gave Melinda, my salesperson, a call on her cell phone and she told me the tint guy doesn't work weekends, but we will take care of it first thing when he arrives at 9:00am monday morning.

so i dropped the truck off this morning at 7:00am before work, and told the service guy the situation. at 9:10 am, 10 minutes after the tint guy was supposed to show up, Melinda calls me and tells me bad news! the glass was scratched, not the actual tint; it was obviously the other dealers fault because it showed up with the tint already on and the scratch was in between the glass and the tint. she told me they are pulling in one of the trucks off the lot and swapping out the glass so i can get the truck back today! WHO DOES THAT??? usually they just say we're going to order it and you have to wait 2 weeks for an aftermarket piece to arrive!

there is hope for me finding decent local dealerships after all!!!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!

Last edited by RedJewel2SS; 08-24-2010 at 12:42 PM.
post #2 of 10 Old 08-23-2010, 11:08 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
This is what happens when Eric Hall goes out of town......

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #3 of 10 Old 08-23-2010, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Scotty View Post
This is what happens when Eric Hall goes out of town......

well i was initially considering a used denali on his lot, but it was out of my price range and grapevine is about 5 hours away!!!

i'll be coming to one of you guys when the z28 comes out as long as its in my price range! this dealership told me they don't budge on the price of those that have to be ordered... they even admitted it will probably have a mark up for the first few months.

there was a lady in there trying to buy one of there zr1's and the sticker was $121k and she refused to go above $110k without a test drive

Gone but not Forgotten!

Last edited by RedJewel2SS; 08-23-2010 at 11:13 AM.
post #4 of 10 Old 08-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

definately glad to hear you had a much better buying experience with the truck

we have a truck in the back that we have stripped parts off of as well. so it's great to hear that other dealers step up to the plate when needed

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #5 of 10 Old 08-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post

well i was initially considering a used denali on his lot, but it was out of my price range and grapevine is about 5 hours away!!!

i'll be coming to one of you guys when the z28 comes out as long as its in my price range! this dealership told me they don't budge on the price of those that have to be ordered... they even admitted it will probably have a mark up for the first few months.

there was a lady in there trying to buy one of there zr1's and the sticker was $121k and she refused to go above $110k without a test drive
I would put money on it Eric/Classic or Scott/Newman wont mark up a Z28 thats another reason why I went to Classic on top of the many other things they are not there to sell 1 car they are there to sell a many.

Congrats on the New Truck sounds like you got top notched service

what color did you get btw ?
post #6 of 10 Old 08-24-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Most of you know how bad of an experience i had ordering and purchasing my camaro last summer in houston. since then i have bashed dealerships (except the guys active here) for ripping people off and poor customer service.

well, that all changed this past weekend when i bought my new truck!!!

my salesperson was so helpful and i feel like she got me a really good deal on the truck. in addition to the $6k rebate for buying a new 2010 model, she negotiated between me and her sales manager to get me to the monthly payments i wanted to be at. i really low balled them at first asking for dealer cost, but we settled in the middle right around invoice price. so i ended up with a $34k MSRP +ttl truck for $27k OTD including ttl!!!

but the customer service did not end there after the sell like i would have expected! it rained for once out here the night i took delivery, so she said bring it back in the morning and we will wash it for you! brought it back and in 10 minutes the truck was spotless!

but the customer service didn't end there. see they had to have the truck hauled over from another dealership 20 miles away, because it had all the options i wanted on it so i didn't have to wait for them to add the stuff to a truck already on their lot. the dealership it was at installed tint already on the truck. well over the weekend i noticed 2 scratches in the glass and the tint had bubbles in it. i gave Melinda, my salesperson, a call on her cell phone and she told me the tint guy doesn't work weekends, but we will take care of it first thing when he arrives at 9:00am monday morning.

so i dropped the truck off this morning at 7:00am before work, and told the service guy the situation. at 9:10 am, 10 minutes after the tint guy was supposed to show up, Melinda calls me and tells me bad news! the glass was scratched, not the actual tint; it was obviously the other dealers fault because it showed up with the tint already on and the scratch was in between the glass and the tint. she told me they are pulling in one of the trucks off the lot and swapping out the glass so i can get the truck back today! WHO DOES THAT??? usually they just say we're going to order it and you have to wait 2 weeks for an aftermarket piece to arrive!

there is hope for me finding decent local dealerships after all!!!

What is the name of the dealership and where is it located?

Add muscle to your muscle car.
Use P90X
9/14/10- Traded in Camaro for a 2010 F150 Lariat
post #7 of 10 Old 08-24-2010, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I would put money on it Eric/Classic or Scott/Newman wont mark up a Z28 thats another reason why I went to Classic on top of the many other things they are not there to sell 1 car they are there to sell a many.

Congrats on the New Truck sounds like you got top notched service

what color did you get btw ?
white... it was either white or black. i would have taken black but then the thought of the constant cleaning like i do to the camaro, and this thing is 3 times the size of that!!! i wanted very little upkeep and no crazy gadgets in a pickup. just reliable, clean lookin and simple!

i posted a pic in the whats on your mind thread, but here it is again... added to the OP!

Gone but not Forgotten!

Last edited by RedJewel2SS; 08-24-2010 at 12:44 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-24-2010, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
What is the name of the dealership and where is it located?
All-American Chevrolet in Odessa, TX. i believe they are owned by Lithia, a national chain of dealerships.

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #9 of 10 Old 08-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Quote:
All-American Chevrolet in Odessa, TX. i believe they are owned by Lithia, a national chain of dealerships.
Well i will go there based solely on your recommendation

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-24-2010, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanChevy View Post
Well i will go there based solely on your recommendation
thanks for the compliment!

but they don't own any dealerships on the east coast near you, just the states from Alaska down to Texas.

they don't really have a huge selection of cars to choose from, and CamaroScotty is definitely closer to you than West Texas!!!

Gone but not Forgotten!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page