Ok Apparently I F'd up my Comp Last Night - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 08-24-2010, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Ok Apparently I F'd up my Comp Last Night

so i figured with all the crap going on with this site being "malicious" that i should upgrade all of my anti virus software

i was using that windows live one care and went back to norton

installed the 2010 internet security and norton utilities and started scanning

came out not bad cuz out of 417,000ish items only 137 tracking cookies were found

ok speed the story up so i can get to problems i'm now having

i cleaned my registry, tried to shut down some of the programs that i have fire up at start up and started uninstalling programs that i don't use or rarely use according to my little control pannel thingy

so main problem 1 i uninstalled a program called "bonjour" well i don't speak french ffs so why the F do i need that

APPARENTLY it was tied to my Itunes and now my itunes isn't working properly

when i opened my itunes this morning it said because that program had been removed they are reccomending a uninstall reinstall of itunes. which ok i won't mind doing but i'm worried about what's toing to happen to all of my music if i do that. when i tried to access the itunes store this morning it wouldn't even load. it still played music but no store :cry:

problem 2

everytime i try to access mc i'm getting this error message about something to do with runtime C and having to terminate the process or something

so needless to say i'm not as smart with comps as i thought i was and could really use some help ideas lol

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #2 of 18 Old 08-24-2010, 11:37 AM

You sure do curse alot.

Lady's don't curse.

Just do the three fingered salute on your computer (CTRL-ALT-DELETE). It cures almost everything.

Add muscle to your muscle car.
Use P90X
9/14/10- Traded in Camaro for a 2010 F150 Lariat
post #3 of 18 Old 08-24-2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

never once have i claimed to be a lady

but thanks for the observation

and your post doesn't answer any of my questions

so have a great day

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #4 of 18 Old 08-24-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
when i opened my itunes this morning it said because that program had been removed they are reccomending a uninstall reinstall of itunes. which ok i won't mind doing but i'm worried about what's toing to happen to all of my music if i do that. when i tried to access the itunes store this morning it wouldn't even load. it still played music but no store :cry:
iTunes stores all your music in a folder on your hard drive. I'd copy/paste the music folder to the desktop. Once you've confirmed you have all of the files deauthorize the computer (Store>Deauthorize Computer), do the uninstall, reinstall. Then just drag and drop your music folder on top of itunes.

~owned by the best dad ever
post #5 of 18 Old 08-24-2010, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2SS View Post
iTunes stores all your music in a folder on your hard drive. I'd copy/paste the music folder to the desktop. Once you've confirmed you have all of the files deauthorize the computer (Store>Deauthorize Computer), do the uninstall, reinstall. Then just drag and drop your music folder on top of itunes.
ok that definately helps. i will have to go hunting for that folder tonight

now what about the balance that i still have on my itunes account. am i going to lose that with the uninstall reinstall?

that deauthorize thing is confusing me too

post #6 of 18 Old 08-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Just buy a new computer

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #7 of 18 Old 08-24-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
ok that definately helps. i will have to go hunting for that folder tonight

now what about the balance that i still have on my itunes account. am i going to lose that with the uninstall reinstall?

that deauthorize thing is confusing me too
You will not lose your balance. Once you get the app re-installed, you authorize the computer by logging into your iTunes account. That should retrieve your balance for you.

Apple allows authorizing like 5 computers with the same iTunes account

post #8 of 18 Old 08-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Quote:
You will not lose your balance. Once you get the app re-installed, you authorize the computer by logging into your iTunes account. That should retrieve your balance for you.

If you use up all your authorizations there is a button that pops up that asks De authorize all and it works only once a year

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #9 of 18 Old 08-24-2010, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:

well that's good to know

if i authorize another computer will it share the playlists btwn the two comps too?

hahah i'm so freaking clueless when it comes to itunes or anything mac related for that matter

post #10 of 18 Old 08-24-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:

well that's good to know

if i authorize another computer will it share the playlists btwn the two comps too?

hahah i'm so freaking clueless when it comes to itunes or anything mac related for that matter
On the same home network, of course. Just make sure sharing is enabled in preferences (Edit>Preferences) on both computers. There are options for full library or distinct playlists.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page