My Car May Be Jinxed!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-07-2010, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

My Car May Be Jinxed!!! It got broke into!!!

Well I'll start from the beginning.....

I fell asleep on the couch and Steven (my sig other) fell asleep in the chair watching TV. He woke me up around 2 am Monday morning to go to bed. I cut the TV off and went and laid down. Not 20 seconds after laying down I heard may door pop on my car (very distinguishable sound) so I jumped up and looked out the blinds and to my astonishment I saw two people standing at my car with the passenger door open (my heart dropped). I told Steven in which he jumped up throwing clothes on. He quietly opened the door and they were still standing there so he swung the door wide open while switching on the outside lights as well. They both stared at him shocked that they had been caught.

A pursuit begins... He chased them all up the rode one going one way and the other of course running a different way so he just picked one to follow while I was on the phone with 911 trying to get the cops to him. The cop pulled up to him but didn't see him so he had to go to them in return losing where he last saw the older one at. The cops set up a perimeter and brought out a blood hound (K-9 unit) being we got the older boys hat that flew off while he was running (used for the scent) but the dog lost his trail twice in both spots in the yard that Steven last saw the older one crawling in the tall grass TOWARD the house.

We know what they look like and could positively id them but they cops refused to go into the house that one was last seen at because the dog couldn't keep the trail past entry into their yard.

So they stole my purse (no cash, just my debit card, car insurance card, medical insurance card, and license) and money bag for work which had no money and they dropped. So all in all they didn't get much from me and didn't mess up my car.

We went to bed at around 6:30 am to try to get some sleep. When I got up I saw cops, and the crime scene unit up at the neighbor’s house so I rode the golf cart up their figuring their cars were broke in too. Turns out 5 houses got their cars broke into but I find it funny that the house that one of them was last seen at didn't! But what can you do They did get good finger prints off one of the cars. They couldn't finger print mine due to all the dew had fell. So everyone keep their fingers crossed that the cops catch these guys and Steven don't see them first which the cop did say if he saw them and was sure it was them to call and they would come out.

Now my car has been vandalized in every way with my wreck and getting broke into!!!

Also I am at my house during the week alone being he works out of town every week through Friday, so hopefully nothing else will happen. If anything else I figured the people wouldn't come back to our house being they got chased!!!

Next time they get met with a gun!!!

JBA Cat Back Exhaust
Pfadt Adjustable Sport Sway Bars
Pfadt Drop Springs
Misc Appearance Changes

Other Car~93 SVT Lightning #260 w/408

Last edited by CamaroChic; 09-07-2010 at 12:15 PM.
post #2 of 11 Old 09-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Banned

That sucks...
My wife has NEVER left her purse in the car unless it was in the trunk hidden under the spare tire. I would NEVER leave my wallet in the car, and if you left a BANK BAG in plain site...I'm not trying to be an ass (but realize I am), but come on...
post #3 of 11 Old 09-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

that totally sucks! it's a **** good thing you heard them though. i hope they get caught. bastards. nothing is more effed up than messing with someone's car.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #4 of 11 Old 09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
That sucks...
My wife has NEVER left her purse in the car unless it was in the trunk hidden under the spare tire. I would NEVER leave my wallet in the car, and if you left a BANK BAG in plain site...I'm not trying to be an ass (but realize I am), but come on...
I think the only thing I've ever left in my car might be my cell phone, but no more than an hour or so.
post #5 of 11 Old 09-08-2010, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

There was nothing in it. No cash or anything so I really didn't think nothing about it. My purse nor the bag was in Plain view; one was in the console and one was under the seat. In the middle of the night I don't think they could have seen through my tinted windows.

Living in the country stuff like this doesn't happen. Now I guess it does!!!
Update: We figured out who they were now waiting on the cops to do their part.

JBA Cat Back Exhaust
Pfadt Adjustable Sport Sway Bars
Pfadt Drop Springs
Misc Appearance Changes

Other Car~93 SVT Lightning #260 w/408

Last edited by CamaroChic; 09-08-2010 at 11:38 AM.
post #6 of 11 Old 09-08-2010, 02:49 PM

That sucks. Hate a thief. Was the car locked?

Black 2SS/RS 6M ordered 5-23-09 : 3000 9-4-09: TPW-9-28-09 : VIN# 10-6-09 : Received 10-28-09 Perma Grin since
post #7 of 11 Old 09-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Hope they catch them and they resist arrest

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member

I'm deeply sorry to hear about this I hope everything comes out good in the end.

With my temper I hope I never catch someone doing something like this.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I'm deeply sorry to hear about this I hope everything comes out good in the end.

Mr hydes temper is something fierce

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-09-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post

You'll be all set since you live in Texas. Aren't you allowed to shoot first and ask questions later down there?

Although I have my concealed permit and carry a semi-auto .45, I need a legit reason to shoot someone up here. Oh well...

2010 1LT RS, M6, Silver w/black stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page