Road Tripping Jasper Alberta - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Road Tripping Jasper Alberta

so we had some much needed away time this past long weekend and headed out to the national park about 4 hours away from our house. it was such a nice relaxing trip with most beautiful scenery. here's what's in our own backyard so to speak

enjoy

birdies on one of the main streets enjoying some bread crumbs

these little guys are called an inukshuk. here's some background on them if you are interested

"The mysterious stone figures known as inuksuit can be found throughout the circumpolar world. Inukshuk, the singular of inuksuit, means "in the likeness of a human" in the Inuit language. They are monuments made of unworked stones that are used by the Inuit for communication and survival. The traditional meaning of the inukshuk is "Someone was here" or "You are on the right path."

Athabasca Falls

thousands of years ago where the river used to run

more to come of some canadian wildlife......................

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #2 of 11 Old 09-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

So cool! I love me some Canadian wildlife!!

Sept '10 Member of the Month

Track your Camaro @ www.gmconnects.com

"Bella" 2SS/RS, ABM, L99, Foose Chrome Legends, Heritage Grille, Corsa CB, K&N CAI
[email protected]
post #3 of 11 Old 09-08-2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

we watched this little squirrel for about 20 min. he was hillarious. you could see his thought pattern "it's almost winter i have to get food, it's almost winter i have to get food" hahahah oh man he cracked us up

toss in another camaro poser shot

on our way back from the falls we had a chance encounter with a very majestic elk coming out for a snack

another camaro pic

so we carry on with our drive out of the park and see these two little guys on the side of the road

pulled over to get a pic and realized they weren't alone

as i was photographing the guys on the mountain i didn't even see the two laying down at first

we ended our adventure of the weekend at the hot springs. pulled into the parking lot, got out of the car, and the greeters came to see us lol

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #4 of 11 Old 09-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Eric would be standing there with his imaginary gun acting like he was blowing them away The folks up in Canada learned real quick he is a duck hunter as he did just as I said up above every time a canadian goose flew over

Thanks for posting those pics Kitty wish I could go somewhere like that right now.
post #5 of 11 Old 09-09-2010, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

it's amazing what a quick trip away can do to restore balance and zen in one's life

i took bout 100 pics in all most of them scenery and animal pics lol

post #6 of 11 Old 09-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member

Awesome pics Kitty! Makes me long for another Canada visit!

Sept '10 Member of the Month

Track your Camaro @ www.gmconnects.com

"Bella" 2SS/RS, ABM, L99, Foose Chrome Legends, Heritage Grille, Corsa CB, K&N CAI
[email protected]
post #7 of 11 Old 09-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member

looked like fun... thats the bluest fresh water i've ever seen!

who wants some elk chili? "I do, I do!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Eric would be standing there with his imaginary gun acting like he was blowing them away The folks up in Canada learned real quick he is a duck hunter as he did just as I said up above every time a canadian goose flew over

why are all of us Texans always thinking about hunting? i do the same thing everytime i see a rabbit or prairie dog! i'm going bird hunting this weekend.

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #8 of 11 Old 09-09-2010, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

it's glacial (sp?) water that's the reason for the colouring

ya i wasn't sure how my cam was going to show the colour when i was taking the pics so i was very eager to get them up on my comp and see them. the colouring shows even better in fullsize format of course, but you still get to see it in the shrunken version

post #9 of 11 Old 09-09-2010, 03:00 PM

I must need a vacation because the first thing I said when I saw the very first picture was, "Why is nobody fishing back there?" Maybe it's time to go find a stream around here and drop a line in it.

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants... and slide on the ice." Sidney Friedman

"A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come."
post #10 of 11 Old 09-14-2010, 10:47 PM

Location: Suffield, Alberta Canada.......for a couple of years

Great pics Kitty,great part of the world........certainly beats the grass and mossies down the road here!!!

If I'm going to hell, I'll go on a Buell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page