Capture Cards, I Need One! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-10-2010, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Capture Cards, I Need One!

With Halo Reach coming out Tuesday at 12:01 I plan on recording games and lots of trash talking, I've always kicked myself in the rear for not having one before so now I need one.

Instead of going to Best Buy or somewhere and getting shovelfed information, maybe one of you guys can lead me in the right direction.

I'd like a higher end card no more than $200? If it matters, I'm running Vista 32bit...

thanks guys
post #2 of 7 Old 09-11-2010, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Here is my setup.

I have my Xbox 360 (Slim) hooked to my monitor via HDMI cable. It's not a TV but an HDTVmonitor I bought at staples. A Samsung 1080p 23" for $200 wasn't bad. I bought it for both PC gaming and Console gaming so I figured why buy 2 seperate screens when I can have 1 and just flip back and forth channels when necessary.

It's an ok setup but I am not sure if it's going to do for what I want.

I went to Best Buy and bought a Pinnacle Dazzle Studio 14 for $80. I haven't gotten it to work but I can already tell I'm taking it back, it's forcing me to use my av cables and makes my picture look like @#$^. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I know there a couple computer guys on here...

Would it be easier just to have an actual TV monitor for my xbox and leave my computer and recording someftware on the PC monitor?

I rather have a capture card inside my computer so that is less mess on my desk.

Thanks guys.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-14-2010, 06:02 PM

I found this on YouTube. Perhaps it would help you do what you want to do. My only concern with what he's doing is signal degradation using a splitter. However, using composite video cables is most likely worse for quality. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVH1_9HhX9w

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants... and slide on the ice." Sidney Friedman

"A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come."
post #4 of 7 Old 09-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalenn View Post
I found this on YouTube. Perhaps it would help you do what you want to do. My only concern with what he's doing is signal degradation using a splitter. However, using composite video cables is most likely worse for quality. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVH1_9HhX9w
It's the only way that dependably works. HDCP will prevent you from copying the digital video signal.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-16-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
It's the only way that dependably works. HDCP will prevent you from copying the digital video signal.
S-Video would give you a better video signal than composite but not by much. I have never been truly impressed by composite or s-video since being spoiled by HDMI.

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants... and slide on the ice." Sidney Friedman

"A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come."
post #6 of 7 Old 09-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Veteran Member

Edit: Thank you tigerdirect:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...203&CatId=3493
HDMI connections.

This is assuming you have PCI-E 1x slots...which you probably do if you're running Vista.

EDITx2: Minor derail. This is one of the reasons why I like PC gaming..want to record something? Just use Fraps.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by Luwinkle; 09-17-2010 at 08:06 AM.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-20-2010, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Lol didn't know this thread had replies...I'll check the links/videos tomorrow after I have some sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page