is anyone else getting ready for Halloween? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 09-17-2010, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Camaro Focus Group Member

is anyone else getting ready for Halloween?

i dunno about y'all, but Halloween is me and Scott's favorite holiday. we usually start getting ready for it in late august/early september. we took all our decorations out a few weeks back and our living room and dining room have been turned into our prop building area. we've been out shopping for new decorations too. i can't wait to get it all put together and for october to get here.

the whole month of october is gonna be crazy busy for us between cemetery crawls with the hearse club, cruisin the coast, cruise nights, tattoo convention, and possibly doing the halloween parade. i can't wait!

so anyone else getting in the "spirit" yet?

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #2 of 20 Old 09-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member

people don't decorate for halloween like they used to!

in fact x-mas decorations were pretty lame the past couple years also

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #3 of 20 Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Selena, this reminds me, a guy on the web forum I co-own posted this pic and it reminded me of your hearse passion. I've never seen this type before. Anyone know what it is?

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #4 of 20 Old 09-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

i normally have a crazy halloween party. least year i didnt. but im thinking of going pretty big this year. not sure yet. ive dressed up as some pretty crazy costumes. the last couple years i was Michael Vick, Steve Irwin,Mystery( from the pick up artist). not sure what i want to do this year................

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #5 of 20 Old 09-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

OH HELL YEAH Who doesnt love Halloween.

Costume Time
post #6 of 20 Old 09-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

we are doing a final tribute for my father this year when it comes to halloween. every year for the past 8ish years him and my step mom have added more and more to their halloween house. halloween was his christmas

it's going to be too much work for my step mom alone to continue the tradition, so we have one last hurrah with it and then the halloween house will be no more

here are some pictures from 2008 as we didn't put the house up at all in 09. as it is this is going to be a very hard year for us. as i don't want to hijack your thread selena i will only post a couple pics. just to give everyone an idea of what we do

my father and me

ok sorry that's all i can post right now. way too hard on me to go through more with where my mind frame has been

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #7 of 20 Old 09-17-2010, 12:24 PM

Cool pics Kat!

I love Halloween!

BTW, there is a tattoo convention here is Houston around the latter part of October; y'all coming? Let me know, we are the host hotel.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #8 of 20 Old 09-17-2010, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Camaro Focus Group Member

great pics, kitty! that is an awesome setup.

54, we have a tattoo convention here in new orleans on halloween weekend and they have a rat rod and hearse show. we're gonna hang out there for a bit. have fun at your convention tho!

and el ess x, that is a gorgeous coach. and those are rare finds these days!! that car is definitely an S&S (or Sayers & Scoville). you can tell by the diagonal bars on the grille. it also looks to be a 1937 Buick. that was the most ornate coach offered by S&S at the time. it was the Byzantine model. the casket compartment is just as elaborate as the outside. those are truly beautiful cars. tell your friend i'm very jealous!

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #9 of 20 Old 09-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Veteran Member

that looks liek alot of work kitty. ill bet its a crazy party there!

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #10 of 20 Old 09-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member

it is alot of work reasons why it won't be carried on after this year

in 2008 it poured rain the entire night, so as we were doing the living statues we were getting sopping wet, and yet over 250 children showed up. double that number at the bare minimum for how many people came to the house in the pouring raing just to see what this year would bring

the living statue that gets the most people, parents and children, hell even i jumped more then a few times is replacing this skeleton

with my brother

who yes is wearing real steal chains around his neck, and then he kneels down and as people come up close he either lunges at them and the chains stop him, or he slams the chains against the side of the cage

have of the stuff in the yard is anamatronic (sp?) and will move on it's own, or is worked but us as living statues with fishing line, or real people are placed in areas that as display for the 2 weeks prior are manaquins

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page