Next Vehicle Advice - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 10-15-2010, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Next Vehicle Advice

Well Im about 3 months out from completely paying off my 2010 Camaro pre ordered January 14th 2009 and recieved June 24th 2009 (yes, the day Transformers 2 came out). I mostly bought it as an investment instead of a toy. Ive only put 3000 miles on it, and planning on keeping it tucked away for the next 20 or 30 years (Im 22). Now I know most of you would say, a car is meant to be driven. Well I do plan on driving it, when I'm older. But anyway. I drive a 99 Silverado now that is getting up there in miles. I've been thinking about getting a newer, and powerful car that gets better gas mileage than my truck as a daily driver. Then just use my truck as a hunting wagon and in the winter. My question is buy a used 2010 Camaro? Or go with maybe an 08 Corvette or 02-04 Z06? (I'm trying to stay around 30k or less) What would you do? Ive just gotten spoiled driving my Camaro every now and then, and now I want something with that much power or more that I can eventually add performance mods to and drive it as a daily in good weather. Thanks for your input!

2010 Camaro SS/RS
LS3 426 hp, 6 Speed Manual, Inferno Orange, Black Hood Stripes, Inferno Orange Leather Interior
post #2 of 12 Old 10-15-2010, 03:32 AM

i always wanted a dodge Stealth R/T-T as DD beater car to mess with, lotta Horses for an old 6 banger turbo

2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible Auto, CGM
2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT 3.6L Manual [Production #115] Black with cyber grey stripes (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3370622) Traded 12/10/11
August 2011 MotM
-"Team LLT" representative
South Jersey Camaro Club member
post #3 of 12 Old 10-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Veteran Member

4th gen camaro or trans am is what i would drive! no need to spend $30k on a daily driver if you already have your weekend car and work truck!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #4 of 12 Old 10-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Veteran Member

Invest your money and buy 10 Corvettes when you retire.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #5 of 12 Old 10-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

another 5th gen or a 4th gen would be cool. if i would have had more money to spend on my beater i would have gotten a second 2010 SS Camaro for a daily driver, but i couldn't quite swing that.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #6 of 12 Old 10-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
4th gen camaro or trans am is what i would drive! no need to spend $30k on a daily driver if you already have your weekend car and work truck!
+1. buy a 2002 trans am or camaro.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #7 of 12 Old 10-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

im sure 25+ years down the road your Camaro may be worth a little bit being a low mileage , Clean 5thgen however unless its a rare optioned car dont expect it to be worth a Real lot compared to what some cars from the past are today.

drive your car and enjoy it. If you want to keep it 100% stock and replace parts with oem factory parts cool but enjoy your car because if you save this car down the road you will wish you had enjoied it rather than waiting.

just my opinion.

imo if you want a car for a collecters item find a low mileage Pontiac Firehawk and sit on it then start driving that 5thgen.
Pontiac isnt coming back anytime soon and I never see a firehawk being a born again bird.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member

ive already heard alot from collectors ,saying that the 5th gen is going to be worth some moey down the road. dont doubt it either, i think it will be worth some good money. it will take some time, but it will be a great collector car.
doesnt matter how rare your model combination is. loko at the ,what 66?, mustang? there were half a million made. their still worth good money. way more than they were when they were bought new.

if he wants to sit on the car and keep it low mileage and in excellent condition, then good luck to him. i wish i had enough money to buy another one to keep as a low mileage collector.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium

Last edited by 2010_5thgen; 10-15-2010 at 12:04 PM.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-15-2010, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

I agree with 2010. If not though, thats cool. I grew up with parents that both had really awesome cars back in the 60's and 70's and thats all I heard, "I wish I wouldn't have sold that back then." Well Im not going to make that mistake, and it'll be nice and prime for me to use it when I'm older. It amazes me how strongly people feel about this, not just you guys, but other people I know. Some people tell me what a good idea it is and some people call me and idiot for parking it. Lol people are passionate about this car whether its theirs or not, that just goes to show what a special car the 2010 Camaro is. But anyway, thanks for the input so far, very helpful!

2010 Camaro SS/RS
LS3 426 hp, 6 Speed Manual, Inferno Orange, Black Hood Stripes, Inferno Orange Leather Interior
post #10 of 12 Old 10-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Veteran Member

Cool thread and I want to keep my 5th gen forever!! also but I am driving it as much as possible. I would look into maybe picking up a 2nd collector car(something you can love as much as the 5th gen that has some history) and start piling up some beautiful cars over time, but I would watch out if your daily gets to run down you might be in trouble. I would pick up a cheap used chevy pickup and maybe a Chevelle or 442 whatever ya really like! or even another camaro! I am really into subaru's so I would also look into a sweet AWD impreza and do some modz and use that as a daily driver. I met this kid in Chicago at an enterprise rental and him me where talking cars, he said that he rocked a daily Impreza WRX with some nice subtle modz and that he raced a 4th gen maro with tonz of modz! Got me thinking again how nice the subaru's are for daily drivers that can still get around. But if your not into imports Caddilac and a few other american companies are starting to pick up some nice AWD systems for daily if thats something you require.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page