Banned for pink whistles - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 10-23-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 738
 
Banned for pink whistles

You guys see the news article about the high school refs getting into trouble for using pink whistles?

Some coaches donated checks and used pink whistles during a game and I believe it said they were banned for 2 games because they didn't ask permission to use the whistles.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-279246
MercuryDomini is offline  
post #2 of 13 Old 10-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Rodimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 589
 
Im sick of seeing pink for the whole month anyways. Not to be a dick, but prostate cancer effects more people than breast cancer. Why cant it just be cancer awarness instead of breast cancer? Then do we really need it for a whole month?

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
The other websites awsome excuse to ban me.

Username: Rodimus Prime Password: Rebecca1
Rodimus Prime is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 10-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 33
 
Yea wheres our Prostate Cancer awareness month. We can make everything blue or green or something idk.



Black 2010 2SS/RS Automatic, Sunroof

Independent Amsoil Dealer- PM me for details
blackknight is offline  
post #4 of 13 Old 10-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Supporter of common sense
 
OverAnxious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 9,152
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime View Post
Im sick of seeing pink for the whole month anyways. Not to be a dick, but prostate cancer effects more people than breast cancer. Why cant it just be cancer awarness instead of breast cancer? Then do we really need it for a whole month?
If you spent 10 seconds searching, you would find that September is Prostate Cancer awareness month.

There are many forms of cancer out there. Focusing on each specifically is the best way to create specific awareness.

Even with all of the exposure for breast cancer awareness, there is still much more they could do about it. Complaints like this are so trivial and yes, it does make you sound like a dick.

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
OverAnxious is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 10-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Supporter of common sense
 
OverAnxious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 9,152
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryDomini View Post
You guys see the news article about the high school refs getting into trouble for using pink whistles?

Some coaches donated checks and used pink whistles during a game and I believe it said they were banned for 2 games because they didn't ask permission to use the whistles.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-279246
Todd Stordahl should have really taken a closer look at this if they end up banned for two games.

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
OverAnxious is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 10-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member
 
weland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: S.F. Bay Area
Posts: 3,900
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
If you spent 10 seconds searching, you would find that September is Prostate Cancer awareness month.

There are many forms of cancer out there. Focusing on each specifically is the best way to create specific awareness.

Even with all of the exposure for breast cancer awareness, there is still much more they could do about it. Complaints like this are so trivial and yes, it does make you sound like a dick.
Awesome! Same month as International Talk like a Pirate Day (Sept 19).

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
weland is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 10-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Veteran Member
 
el ess X's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 3,055
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
Awesome! Same month as International Talk like a Pirate Day (Sept 19).
Arrrgh! Dat's right, matey! But don't ever make pirates angry ye scurvy dog, er dey'll pin yer buccaneers to your buccan head!

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
el ess X is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 10-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Rodimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 589
 
Do all sport wear prostate cancer ribbons and colors? Im sorry its just annoying.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
The other websites awsome excuse to ban me.

Username: Rodimus Prime Password: Rebecca1
Rodimus Prime is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 10-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member
 
el ess X's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 3,055
  
I'm sure HAVING cancer is annoying.

At least the program works. You're now aware of it.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
el ess X is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 10-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Member
 
seherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the state of Confusion
Posts: 380
 
There is far to many cancers out there. But. I just love the boobs! Sorry...

Fly Low and avoid the radar
seherr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome