HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD ROTATOR CUFF SURGERY? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-24-2010, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD ROTATOR CUFF SURGERY?

Hi all I havent been on in a while. Three weeks ago I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder. I am right handed and cant do much. I was just wondering for those of you that have had it done, how did you keep from going nuts? Lol.

post #2 of 6 Old 10-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Mayhem...I've had three. Two on my non-dominant left shoulder (both SLAP tears) and one on the right (SLAP tear with a torn bicep tendon).

I iced it off and on throughout the day (up to two weeks post-op) and went to physical therapy as often as I could. I probably pushed it too hard on the left, hence the two surgeries but I can't stand to just lay around.

So I took it easier on the right shoulder operation...taught myself to write left handed over the six week time that my arm was in a sling. I can now bowl left handed. Though not as good as the right. I figured if I was going to be laid up on my dominant arm that I'd learn to make the non-dominant better!

Good luck!

2010 IOM 2SS/RS M6
post #3 of 6 Old 10-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Mojo View Post
Mayhem...I've had three. Two on my non-dominant left shoulder (both SLAP tears) and one on the right (SLAP tear with a torn bicep tendon).

I iced it off and on throughout the day (up to two weeks post-op) and went to physical therapy as often as I could. I probably pushed it too hard on the left, hence the two surgeries but I can't stand to just lay around.

So I took it easier on the right shoulder operation...taught myself to write left handed over the six week time that my arm was in a sling. I can now bowl left handed. Though not as good as the right. I figured if I was going to be laid up on my dominant arm that I'd learn to make the non-dominant better!

Good luck!
Was it an arthroscopic procedure? I've had problems with my right rotator cuff on and off for years, but it's been giving me a lot of trouble for almost 2 months now and doesn't seem to be getting better.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #4 of 6 Old 10-24-2010, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Wow Chief I think I would go bonkers if I had to do this again. The arthroscopic surgery is amazing the doctor made me a set of photos from the procedure showing everything he did while he was in there. He told me I could drive but the way the console is in the camaro I cant drive it comfortably and I have to walk by it in the garage to let the dog out. AAAAHHHHHH its killing me. LOL!!! You got me thinking I am going to try to teach myself to write left. That will kill sometime.

post #5 of 6 Old 10-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
Was it an arthroscopic procedure? I've had problems with my right rotator cuff on and off for years, but it's been giving me a lot of trouble for almost 2 months now and doesn't seem to be getting better.
All three were arthroscopic...I didn't know how bad the right one was until I had the left one done. If I had to choose to do it again (surgery) or live with the pain/inability to do things with my two teenage boys I'd choose the surgery.

For all three I spent about four weeks doing exercises BEFORE surgery to strengthen the shoulder then the day after surgery I started PT'ing. It hurt like hell but I was way better off than those that chose not to pull on those colored bands!

2010 IOM 2SS/RS M6
post #6 of 6 Old 10-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMayhem View Post
Wow Chief I think I would go bonkers if I had to do this again. The arthroscopic surgery is amazing the doctor made me a set of photos from the procedure showing everything he did while he was in there. He told me I could drive but the way the console is in the camaro I cant drive it comfortably and I have to walk by it in the garage to let the dog out. AAAAHHHHHH its killing me. LOL!!! You got me thinking I am going to try to teach myself to write left. That will kill sometime.
I've got not only stills but VIDEO (no sound)! I'll post one up if you want.

I swear it looks like chicken or pork in your shoulder...lmao!

2010 IOM 2SS/RS M6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page