What car represents every aspect of an automobile the best? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 10-28-2010, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

What car represents every aspect of an automobile the best?

Saw this on another forum.. lots of answers, and the guy who posted thought the Audi S4 for some reason..

At any rate, my image of automobile perfection is without a doubt the Chevrolet Corvette. It's light enough to keep up with any supercar, more powerful than just about anything on the road, and is by far the cheapest of supercars, while also maintaining looks that are better than some of the things Ferrari has come up with (aka: Enzo)

Ford GT might be a close second on my list, but i think the vette takes the cake by a wide margin..

Moderncamaro's thoughts?

post #2 of 35 Old 10-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member

Hmm I dont like the Corvette very much... In my opinion, the GTR is better. The Corvette just doesnt look good enough for me, and definitely is not better looking the Ferraris, especially the Enzo. Plus, Corvettes don't have any street cred.

Also, my favorite car, the Audi R8..

Last edited by CamaroSSMan; 10-28-2010 at 04:28 PM.
post #3 of 35 Old 10-28-2010, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSMan View Post
Hmm I dont like the Corvette very much... In my opinion, the GTR is better. The Corvette just doesnt look good enough for me, and definitely is not better looking the Ferraris, especially the Enzo. Plus, Corvettes don't have any street cred.
GTR is more expensive, clutch breaks after 4 launches, and maintenance in general is a PIA.

I'm pretty sure vette's not having street cred is also false lol.

I saw an R8 in person, i wasn't particularly impressed with the 'vert, the coupe looked okay, but i hate the headlights.. the GTR tries to look fast too hard imo

post #4 of 35 Old 10-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedcorvette View Post
GTR is more expensive, clutch breaks after 4 launches, and maintenance in general is a PIA.

I'm pretty sure vette's not having street cred is also false lol.

I saw an R8 in person, i wasn't particularly impressed with the 'vert, the coupe looked okay, but i hate the headlights.. the GTR tries to look fast too hard imo
The GTR is less expensive than a Zr1.. and is faster

I love the headlights and everything else on an R8. Have you ever driven one? Get back to me once you have.

I have never seen anyone younger than 50 driving a Corvette.
post #5 of 35 Old 10-28-2010, 04:37 PM

My only issue with the Corvette is that when I think of EVERY aspect of an automobile, it includes a lot that the corvette simply can't do.

For instance hauling around me, my wife, and our friends on a night out. It also isn't doing any towing, or hauling in a bed since you know, it doesn't have one.

No 2 door, imo, can effectively represent EVERY aspect of an automobile. Even if you do put a hitch on it, you're still limited.
post #6 of 35 Old 10-28-2010, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:

I love the headlights and everything else on an R8. Have you ever driven one? Get back to me once you have.

rofl, i'm talking the regular corvette, not the ZR1. The GTR is faster than the ZR1 in some ways, not others.. the regular vette has 430 hp and does 0-60 in 4 seconds for 50 grand.. nobody else comes close to that

I've gotten right up next to the R8 and still think it's ugly (c'mon, i drive an M3)

I've seen young guys driving vettes, but only a few of the newer ones on campus.

I'm pretty sure you'd need to be 50 to afford an R8 as well, so go figure. I'm talking performance for what the car is, not who drives it. Otherwise I'd point out that all Audi drivers tend to be a$$hats on the road because it provides a sophisticated image. (good thing too, because those idiots stopped driving BMWs)

post #7 of 35 Old 10-28-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:

In defense to the Corvette, at least I've seen people driving them.

I've yet to see one R8 or GTR on the road. Seriously. Not one. I've seen more Lambo's and Ferraris than GTRs and R8's. I'm not even saying that for dramatics sake, I'm being 100% honest.
post #8 of 35 Old 10-28-2010, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryDomini View Post
My only issue with the Corvette is that when I think of EVERY aspect of an automobile, it includes a lot that the corvette simply can't do.

For instance hauling around me, my wife, and our friends on a night out. It also isn't doing any towing, or hauling in a bed since you know, it doesn't have one.

No 2 door, imo, can effectively represent EVERY aspect of an automobile. Even if you do put a hitch on it, you're still limited.
fair point, how about every aspect for a guy though? Otherwise i'd lean towards the CTS-V, but i'm not hot on their looks.

EDIT: maybe a 5 series M5 too, or an M3, but it'd have to be the e46, still not the best bang for buck new though

Last edited by thedcorvette; 10-28-2010 at 04:52 PM.
post #9 of 35 Old 10-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Hey!
post #10 of 35 Old 10-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Hey!
Wellll I havn't seen you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page