Anyone Have Experience With Aimsurplus.com? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
80s_Adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pittsburgh & Texas
Posts: 4,203
 
Anyone Have Experience With Aimsurplus.com?

This holiday I plan on getting another rifle or two for my collection.

Has anyone used this site before?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=12

I've heard good things about it, but I've never used them personally or bought a gun online before.

(I'm already quite aware they don't get shipped straight to your house, I know how this stuff works)
80s_Adam is offline  
post #2 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
 
OceanChevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ocean City NJ
Posts: 4,638
  
Garage
Have you checked bbb.org?

June 2015 MOTM



"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
OceanChevy is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member
 
Luwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 10,420
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_Adam View Post
This holiday I plan on getting another rifle or two for my collection.

Has anyone used this site before?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=12

I've heard good things about it, but I've never used them personally or bought a gun online before.

(I'm already quite aware they don't get shipped straight to your house, I know how this stuff works)
Yes, I've bought a firearm, some ammo and a couple of flashlights from them.
Make sure they have your dealer's FFL though or your rifle won't get shipped..to the FFL.

EDIT: Another place I've done quit a bit of business with is: http://www.centerfiresystems.com/



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Luwinkle is offline  
post #4 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member
 
Luwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 10,420
 
Also a decent place is www.southernohiogun.com.
They stopped selling firearms to anyone but dealers (but your dealer should be able to buy one from them then sell it to you) but I managed to get a few Tokarev magazines for insanely cheap(about half of what everyone else was charging) while they had them.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Luwinkle is offline  
post #5 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Member
 
MValdez17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pueblo, CO
Posts: 396
 
Garage
Have you tried www.budsgunshop.com? What is your collection now?

2009 Yamaha R1
2011 Corvette Grand Sport
2010 2SS/RS Black & IOM Modifications
MValdez17 is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
80s_Adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pittsburgh & Texas
Posts: 4,203
 
To be honest...it's not a collection, it's just one Mosin-Nagant 91/30 model. Just your basic surplus rifle that fortunately for me is one of my favorite rifles so I wanted to pick another up (Hex Receiver) and possibly something else.

I want to try for every old weapon to have a new one, just to balance everthing out. I'd really like to build a H&K G3/CETME or FN FAL.
80s_Adam is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
 
weland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: S.F. Bay Area
Posts: 3,900
  
In the People's Republic of California you can't order guns or ammo online... you have to buy from licensed retailers in the state. I suppose you could drive to Texas to buy your ammo, throw it in your trunk and drive it back.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
weland is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
 
Luwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 10,420
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_Adam View Post
To be honest...it's not a collection, it's just one Mosin-Nagant 91/30 model. Just your basic surplus rifle that fortunately for me is one of my favorite rifles so I wanted to pick another up (Hex Receiver) and possibly something else.

I want to try for every old weapon to have a new one, just to balance everthing out. I'd really like to build a H&K G3/CETME or FN FAL.
The rifle I ordered from aimsurplus some 6 or so years ago was a 91/30. Took me months to get it because it was my first time ordering from a rifle online and I didn't know that you had to have them ship it to a local FFL dealer then go do the paperwork there.
Also..good luck on BUILDING a G3/CETME or FAL without specialized equipment.

EDIT: If you haven't already..scout around local dealers and see which one charges the less for a FFL transfer. The ones around here range from $20 to $35 (that one was funny..doofus behind the counter said that was the going price for transfers around here..heh). Hell..even check online..there are some people that do it part-time and run the operation out of their house. I have one guy's number on my cellphone for the next transfer I do..tired with dealing with the one I used to go to..totally unprofessional and unreliable.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by Luwinkle; 11-01-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Luwinkle is offline  
post #9 of 23 Old 11-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
 
weland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: S.F. Bay Area
Posts: 3,900
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
The rifle I ordered from aimsurplus some 6 or so years ago was a 91/30. Took me months to get it because it was my first time ordering from a rifle online and I didn't know that you had to have them ship it to a local FFL dealer then go do the paperwork there.
Also..good luck on BUILDING a G3/CETME or FAL without specialized equipment.

EDIT: If you haven't already..scout around local dealers and see which one charges the less for a FFL transfer. The ones around here range from $20 to $35 (that one was funny..doofus behind the counter said that was the going price for transfers around here..heh). Hell..even check online..there are some people that do it part-time and run the operation out of their house. I have one guy's number on my cellphone for the next transfer I do..tired with dealing with the one I used to go to..totally unprofessional and unreliable.
Thanks, I was aware of that. I tried to buy a Zastava rifle through a dealer that way, but got tiring of waiting and canceled the order. It's just a PITA to have to do it that way.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
weland is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old 11-02-2010, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
80s_Adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pittsburgh & Texas
Posts: 4,203
 
Is there an easier way or is this just how it is? My last rifle I physically bought it in store...at Cabelas almost 2 hours away.

I could always go back, but the drive of I-70 kills me.
80s_Adam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome