Halloween Haunted House - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-06-2010, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Halloween Haunted House

so back on the theme of halloween (i know i know we're into nov already) but i'm looking for some help from everyone here

for the past 6ish years halloween has been my dad's christmas so to speak. him and my step mom have put thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours into building a halloween house for the community and the children to come to each halloween. this year my step mom made the decision to move the halloween house to my step sisters house and to make a long story short we were extremely disappointed in how everything got handled. it was supposed to be a celebration for my father in his memory and it was far from.

so that being said we have decided that we are now putting in the money and the time and effort to build and start our own halloween house. that being said we have been pouring over ebay for the past week trying to find items that we want to buy for the house to make it the best halloween house yet and honour what my dad started 6 years ago

i figured i would lean on the peeps here to see if anyone has some of these itmes kicking around that they no longer want or are looking to get rid of

the list of stuff that we need/want is:

-life size skeletons (preferably 5' or larger)
-gargoyles (the scarier the better none of those weird cat looking things)
-authentic looking tombstones/headstones
-flying bats (min 24" wing span the larger the better)
-fog machines/fog machine covers
-ghosts (again 5' or larger prefered)
-various strobe lights

if you have anything like this sitting in your garage or know of someone that has these items that they no longer want please post up in this thread or send me a message of who to contact or with pics and price

here's some pictures of what we are looking to use as our template of the halloween house. our benefit/negative is we have a crap load more space to utilize then where this house was set up

the size of skeletons that we are looking for (hoping to find 6-8 in total)

we're going to probably build our own coffins but give you an idea of overall look again

we're going to build the "castle" that's going in front of the house, but to give you guys an idea of what we need for the castle

this all might be a long shot but i'd rather send funds out to camaro buddies and help them with their mod lists then random strangers on ebay lol

thanks for looking guys and i'll probably bump this thread every couple of months

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #2 of 8 Old 11-06-2010, 12:18 PM
ZL1 @ MSRP

Very cool, Kitty!!

I wish I could help....I don't have any of these items. However if anything like this comes up I'll snag it/them and let you know.

I love what you're doing here.

Hugs to you!

Anna Bearinger
Sparta Chevrolet
616-887-1791
[email protected]

PROUD NAVY MOM
post #3 of 8 Old 11-06-2010, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

awwwww thanks anna and ya even if people keep their eyes out for these items. every little bit helps

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #4 of 8 Old 11-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

Working on picking up our display stuff now. I'll see if we have anything. We didn't put everything out simply because we have too much now. If we keep going (which I'm sure we will) I'm gonna have to do something about storage.

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #5 of 8 Old 11-06-2010, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorcinLS1 View Post
Working on picking up our display stuff now. I'll see if we have anything. We didn't put everything out simply because we have too much now. If we keep going (which I'm sure we will) I'm gonna have to do something about storage.
cool thanks for looking lorcin!!

you guys should post up pics of your display too. would love to see what others do

post #6 of 8 Old 11-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

Videos coming in 2 secs

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #7 of 8 Old 11-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member

I'll get with a buddy of mine and see what I can scare up in the next few weeks/months for your next year house. I've always loved Halloween, but that may be due to the fact that my birthday is on the 26th, so my affinity with that holiday is stronger than with any of the others

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #8 of 8 Old 11-06-2010, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

cool thanks bunches. anything will help for sure. i have 33 items in my ebay watch list right now and have to budget accordingly each month lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page