How much attention? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 11-12-2010, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
How much attention?

How much attention does your Gen 5 get? I can't seem to go anywhere without someone commenting on how great, cool, awesome etc.... the car looks. I love it! Except for the other day when the kid at the drive thru of a local burger joint told me I had a really nice looking Mustang! Excuse ME!!
post #2 of 16 Old 11-12-2010, 05:41 AM
Veteran Member

ive had people think its a challanger. i get people looking and pointing all the time. good or badi dont know and dont care.
a few weeks ago i had a guy with a old dodge ram pickup tell me his ram with the 440 would take me. i said you think so huh? he said, well.....maybe..... lol i laughed and left.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #3 of 16 Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
I've had two different people on two separate occassions tell me I had a beautiful Maserati I didn't bother correcting them.

But it definitely made me consider debadging her.
post #4 of 16 Old 11-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member

masertatti.... wow. they apparently have never seen a maseratti before. they apparently didnt even see the chevy bow ties on the front or back either.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #5 of 16 Old 11-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
masertatti.... wow. they apparently have never seen a maseratti before. they apparently didnt even see the chevy bow ties on the front or back either.
Agreed...but it was still amusing.

No bow tie on the back at the time.
post #6 of 16 Old 11-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroluvr View Post
How much attention does your Gen 5 get? I can't seem to go anywhere without someone commenting on how great, cool, awesome etc.... the car looks. I love it! Except for the other day when the kid at the drive thru of a local burger joint told me I had a really nice looking Mustang! Excuse ME!!
More than one poorly informed woman has expressed to me the opinion that Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers all pretty much look the same.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #7 of 16 Old 11-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
More than one poorly informed woman has expressed to me the opinion that Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers all pretty much look the same.
As we know the difference there is simularities in the 3 cars today as to where back in the 80's they looked nothing a like.

From a distance if you dont know the tailllights look you may think it was one or the other.

Quote:
All of my cars get the same attention which is lots. I take care of the vehicles I drive and like them to look as new as possible as long as they can.

if im going to spend this kind of money on them why not take care of them.
post #8 of 16 Old 11-12-2010, 12:42 PM

The first time I took my 11 year old son for a ride in my Camaro he said, "Mom, it sure is nice for everybody to be looking at us instead of us looking at them." I couldn't have said it better myself!

And I can't drive it without someone wanting to race. Which is fine with me!!
post #9 of 16 Old 11-12-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
People call her a Mustang all the time...I just tell them not to curse my car like that

~ Dreams do come true ~
post #10 of 16 Old 11-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member

The other day after playing a round of golf and meeting up with the rest of the golfers at a local tavern, I had an interesting thing happen. As I was leaving and about to climb into my car a black woman in a new Cadillac Esclade came through the parking lot with her window down and said "****, that is one bad a$$ed looking car man." I said thanks. I have had kids and other drivers (mostly younger guys) give me the thumbs up and had younger girls tell me my car is awesome but never an older black woman. It made me feel good, like I had a Jag or some exotic car. I guess the Camaro appeals to pretty much everyone. I enjoyed my drive home.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page