Need opinion from a COD Black Ops gamer! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 11-14-2010, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Need opinion from a COD Black Ops gamer!

I've been watching a lot of videos about the multi player and i think it looks great but i want to know if is worth buying. Is it as fun as MW2? Is it better than MW2? If you have played the campaign, did you liked it? Any comment will be of great help! Thank you

post #2 of 24 Old 11-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member

It's way better than MW2.
MW2 was a steaming pile of fermenting animal feces.
The SP story is actually comprehensible, and just **** fun. It takes the game play dynamics MW2 overused (everyone dying, timed missions, quicktime events, etc.) and actually made it fun and interesting. MW2 didn't feel like a CoD game..way back IW didn't even want to call MW2 a CoD game...looking back they shouldn't have caved and changed their mind on that.

MP is better..at least for PC..dedicated servers.
No more crappy, laggy, hacker-filled lobby crap.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 24 Old 11-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Veteran Member

Hmmm, I thought the SP was lacking and the MP isn't polished as MW2.
post #4 of 24 Old 11-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member

It is a great all around game, the story is cool, multiplayer is better then MW2 simply for the reason that there is no tactical insertions in free for all. they also changed the killstreak rewards so they dont add to ur next killstreak rewards, makes u do the work for your others. Im not sure if PS3 uses dedicated servers but the game play has been relatively smooth so far. But I do agree with Adam in that the multiplayer isnt as polished as MW2. All in all, I do like the game and have been on prob more then I should be

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #5 of 24 Old 11-15-2010, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

I still like mw2 but idk i think i want something new. I bought MoH for that reason but I didnt like it so I went back at MW2. I think I will buy it.

post #6 of 24 Old 11-15-2010, 12:57 AM
Veteran Member

MoH was so baaaaaad. Tried the MP Beta..move and you die..stand still and you die..you just........die. lol

Adam: We're going to have to agree to disagree. I found MW2's SP to be lacking. They were aiming for a "action movie" feel..and they got that...a b-rated Dolph Lundgren movie from the 80's, but "action movie" none the less. I didn't have as much fun as CoD4 or WaW(even less so when some asshat on Steam ruined part of the ending for me)..but had way, way more fun than MW2's SP..where I was forcing myself to play just to get it over with. And the MP..the nukes..the insane amounts of hacking..the unlimited sprint..the mad amounts of lag...I tried it during a Steam free weekend and was done after like..15-20 minutes, tops..never touched it again.

EDIT: Also the animations in CoD:BO are top notch..they used a very unique, and insanely expensive, motion capture technique(the exact same stuff, exact same company even, that was used in the Avatar movie). So the animations are very fluid and life like..in SP many times if you're following a NPC they'll give subtle hand gestures instead of talking to tell you what they need you to do..be it to stay down, stay behind them, etc. These are also accompanied with very lifelike facial animations.
Not to mention..Treyarch is getting **** good at telling a story..it's very gory and at times very creepy (in a good way).

Plus..CoD:BO has Gary Oldman..not once...BUT TWICE.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Last edited by Luwinkle; 11-15-2010 at 01:02 AM.
post #7 of 24 Old 11-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Veteran Member

PS:

THE ****ING NUMBERS, MASON!

Quote:
post #8 of 24 Old 11-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Veteran Member

Mild spoiler alert..and ****ty video quality..but still awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-knssWk6OcY

EDIT: Also..you can fight zombies as JFK, Castro, McNamara or Nixon.

Quote:

Last edited by Luwinkle; 11-15-2010 at 01:18 AM.
post #9 of 24 Old 11-15-2010, 05:09 AM

I like MV2 a little better than black ops. I think MV2 campaign is 100% better than ops campaign.

Daily Driver, 13', LFX, 6L50, 1LT, Summit White (GAZ) Camaro, [email protected]
Weekend Racer, 99', LD9/LG0/W41, 4T40E, Aquamarine Z24, Rebuild/upgrade In-Process, 13s here I come
post #10 of 24 Old 11-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Veteran Member

I did like BO being more gory... there were times I was saying to myself "I haven't seen that in awhile"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page