Top Gear USA Season Premier - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 11-21-2010, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Top Gear USA Season Premier

Starts in 15 minutes! History channel! Watch it!

post #2 of 30 Old 11-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member

I'm watching the last half of it (first half was taken up by Futurama holiday special).

5 minutes into it I'm already bored and losing interest.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 30 Old 11-22-2010, 08:32 AM

Garage
Watched about 10 min of it and got bored as well. Hope it gets better.

2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, Rear Trailing Arms, Rotors, End Links, Tunnel Brace, Rear Tie Rods, 1G Suspension Package, Stage 3 CNC ported heads, R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk and Dome LED Lighting, RED B/A Pedals, Ported TB, 621RWHP/584TQ
post #4 of 30 Old 11-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
I DVRed it and did not really care for it... At least when i dont see it i know i wont be missing anything good

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #5 of 30 Old 11-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

It wasn't as bad as I expected it would be, but they got a ways to go. They need a Southerner, a New Englander, and a Surfer to make a good group of accents so it'll be comical. They also need to be car guys and able to drive.

At least one of them could drive. I'm still put out that Jay Leno, Adam Carolla, and Travis Pastrana turned down being Top Gear US hosts.

Project: 89 RS => AX/RR
post #6 of 30 Old 11-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member

The only guy I kinda liked on there was the dude that sounded like he was from New York. The lanky dude seemed pretty arrogant (like James May from british topgear..but without the funny). The other guy....yeah..he's just kinda...there.

I did find it funny the Viper did a better time around the track then the lambos did, though.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 30 Old 11-23-2010, 12:40 AM

I was not impressed. However I also wasn't completely bored with it either. The hosts were wooden and the dialog seemed scripted instead of being spontaneous. They need time to develop their on screen personas. It's obvious to me they were trying too hard to be UK Top Gear instead of US Top Gear. Jeez, they even used the same theme music. The interview with Buzz Aldrin was a good time to "go for a wee" to be honest. The producers need to do something with that track before it kills someone. Really uneven and cramped looking. Camera work could have been better. Invest in some better in car mounts to absorb the vibration.

That's about it. I'm willing to give a few more tries.

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants... and slide on the ice." Sidney Friedman

"A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come."
post #8 of 30 Old 11-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Veteran Member

i just watched it yesterday....it looks like their trying too hard to be like top gear UK. i dont like the big guy with the beard. i dont think hes funny at all. i thought their interview sucked with buzz. i like tanner. he always does a good job. and i think the stig is paul tracy. he looked very small, even when in a small car like the lambo gallardo.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #9 of 30 Old 11-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Veteran Member

the viper vs. the chopper was dumb and looked very staged. The best part was the look on Adam Ferrara's face when he launched the lambo (and every time it banged through the gears)...that was priceless.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #10 of 30 Old 11-23-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
the viper vs. the chopper was dumb and looked very staged. The best part was the look on Adam Ferrara's face when he launched the lambo (and every time it banged through the gears)...that was priceless.
Oh yeah! He dropped "F" bombs every time he changed gears. That was funny.

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants... and slide on the ice." Sidney Friedman

"A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page