Why did You buy your camaro - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 02-03-2011, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Why did You buy your camaro

Me and my wife got in a accident with our Harley on July 17 2010. I broke my neck and had to have a c1 to c2 fusion. What this means is I lost 60% of my neck mobility. I just went back to work this Jan. My wife broke her pelvic bone and the Harley was totaled.So no more Harley's for us. So we decided to get a Convertible. So while I was hurt I started looking at the mustang convertible because Camaro dint have one yet. Then it was unveiled THE 2011 CAMARO CONVERTIBLE and I was in love. I have been a Chevy man all my life ( I currently drive a 2010 Equinox LTZ) and it could not have come at a better time.
post #2 of 24 Old 02-03-2011, 06:02 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
I wanted a new 1985 Camaro when I was 25, but I let my husband talk me out of it. I ended up with a 1986 Pontiac Grand Am. It was a nice car, but not a Camaro. I always said one day I would own a Camaro. In 2002 I thought my dream was over, when Chevy stopped Camaro production. Fast forward a few years and Chevy decided to revive the Camaro! Woohoo!! I decided to order one for my 50th birthday. Now almost 20,000 (s)miles later, I'm so glad I finally got my Camaro.
P.S. I didn't consult my husband before ordering the Camaro, so it was a surprise when it showed up in the garage!!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina

Last edited by sdk; 02-05-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: corrected year model of Grand Am
post #3 of 24 Old 02-03-2011, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk View Post
I wanted a new 1985 Camaro when I was 25, but I let my husband talk me out of it. I ended up with a 1985 Pontiac Grand Am. It was a nice car, but not a Camaro. I always said one day I would own a Camaro. In 2002 I thought my dream was over, when Chevy stopped Camaro production. Fast forward a few years and Chevy decided to revive the Camaro! Woohoo!! I decided to order one for my 50th birthday. Now almost 20,000 (s)miles later, I'm so glad I finally got my Camaro.
P.S. I didn't consult my husband before ordering the Camaro, so it was a surprise when it showed up in the garage!!
I had a Z34 lumina and my wife had a Grand am and a few silverado trucks. All wear good vehicles.

Last edited by Toddb; 02-03-2011 at 06:52 PM.
post #4 of 24 Old 02-03-2011, 07:28 PM

That really sucks about your bike accident...glad you're here to tell about it!!

I am buying mine cause I have been driving a truck (F-150 4x4 Super Crew) for the past 8 years and wanted something sporty to drive for fun when it isn't riding weather or I just can't ride that day. Still keeping the truck for work/winter. Plus the car is just bada$$ looking. Was deciding between a 1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 or the Camaro and the Camaro won!

Great story sdk!! Would have loved to see his face when he saw it in the garage. Priceless!
post #5 of 24 Old 02-03-2011, 07:38 PM

Well, my dad was a Chevy service manager from the day I was born, until his retirement. I am now 52 but my Chevy blood runs deep. I will admit I straid from GM in the early 90's (80's and 90's stuff was just so bad) for about 4 years, but came back with a 94 Camaro and 96 Monte and so on. I have been a Camaro entushiast since 67 and loved the 2010 models when they first came out. So I am happy to say me and my girlfriend have a vert on order and it will look good alongside my 68. Till the day I die, I say the coolest cars ever made were 55 to 72 Chevy's...the tri-five's are still the altimate classics.

2011 SS/RS 6 speed convertible IOM, from Eric Hall Classic Chevy
post #6 of 24 Old 02-04-2011, 05:29 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Well I grew up in So Cal and got my first camaro in 1979, It was a 1968, black primer that I was going to fix up. Some guy ran a red light and almost ripped off the front end. I got a 1970 SS/396 chevelle and ended up trading it for a cherry red 1967. That one I had to sell when I went into the military, broke my heart. Then in 1981 I ended up trading my truck for another 1968 that never even made it out of Cal to AZ. I ended up calling a friend and told him to give me bus fair and he could have the car. Which he did and then 3yrs later after he build up the camaro as a full blown road racer I was headed to the United Kingdom for a military assignment he offered it to me for cost. Which in 1984 was about 3500.00 and I just could not do it. Then in 2002 I bought a 1978 type LT which I had for 5 yrs but it was so "built" that it was not fesible to drive and I did a lot of work to that one. Then the gas prices went up and I needed a car with good gas mileage so I traded it for a 98 honda accord. I have always wanted a "New" camaro but over my military career I was never in the right place at the right time. So NOW IT'S MY TURN and we all love it and its tucked away in the garage and I keep driving the honda, keeping the miles down.

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.

Last edited by Guapo; 02-04-2011 at 05:33 AM.
post #7 of 24 Old 02-04-2011, 06:39 AM

I have a 2000 Camry, the wife had a 2007 Malibu on lease.
I wanted a cool car, and the Camry is still hanging in there. Since the lease was coming due I figured in 2009 it was time to look at the Camaro since they would be new I figured there was a long waiting list.

Also my dad worked for GM, and so did my father in law, so I could get the GM discount if it was available on the Camaro. It turns out it was.

By the way, my dad or father in law never gave me any grief for the Camry. In fact my mom had Toyota's since her 1976 Celica. The main reason I got the Camry was I drove one as a rental car that year and loved it.

Since my Camaro is my daily driver I had to get the winter tires. It drives a lot better than the Camry with all season tires in the snow and ice.
post #8 of 24 Old 02-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Sorry to hear about Ur accident Toddb, Glad U both survived it... As an Instructor I hear & See a lot of reports and the Real Sad thing is Probably 90% are Avoidable... Well I have Always loved the Camaro, especially the 69 Z28 but have never had the Opportunity to own one. Finally in 92 I was able to buy my 92 RS and then 6 mo later got Orders to Korea so I sold her, Regrettably... Finally when the 2010 Camaro came out I sooo wanted to get it but it really wasn't in our best intrust financially cause we just had a custom house built (closed 10 May 09) so we held off. Finally towards the end of 2010 things were going Great for us so we decided it was time to get the wife a new car, went and looked at the Hyundai Genesis Coupe but she wanted to look at couple other cars (she likes Foreign sports cars) before making the decision, on the Genesis Coupe. So on way to another dealership I didn't say anything and pulled into the Chevy dealer and there she sat, my IOM SS. My wife after seeing my Eyes just light up and knowing how much I've wanted one since the 2010 came out, said, "Lets see what we can do on it" and I just began to Smile so Big she even Smiled... About 3.5hrs later we drove her off the lot and have been Ginning ever since... Except for this Cold @$$ Weather..

Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT

Last edited by Kunk1963; 10-20-2012 at 01:59 PM.
post #9 of 24 Old 02-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Veteran Member

i bought my camaro because me, like my father and grandfather, are GM guys. to me, there were no other cars in the running really. i wanted this camaro. had they not made it i would have gotten something else. but i wanted this car. and nothing is better than the best motor in history! LSX!

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #10 of 24 Old 02-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member

My first factory ordered car was a 1973 Z28. I loved that car. My last car was a 2008 Pontiac Solstice. Great car but no room to even carry my golf clubs. When the new Camaro came out I knew I had to have one. Super sporty and a back seat and a trunk too. Plus 312 HP and better gas mileage than the Solstice.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page