Tell me I did the right thing!??! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 02-09-2011, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Tell me I did the right thing!??!

Last Saturday night after the UFC fight my gf had been texting me wanting me to come over for a bit....so of course i did. Was there for about an hour and half...left her house and just a few miles down the road i met a county cop (traveling opposite direction) did the quick glance down at the speedo was running well over what i thought was the speed limit so i of course hit the brakes...but she had already put her lights on....So i slowed down and pulled off in the next driveway and waited for her...took her at least a min to get turned around!! Ended up getting a ticket for 72 in 55. The officer was actually really nice and told me that if i show up in court she would tell the judge how nice i was and most likely if it is their normal judge he will throw it out since I have a excellent driving record. Now that being said this has haunted me since then....some people I've told about it said your a fool you should have just kept going (just a mile down the road was the next county) its a very curvy country road and would have been no problem once i got through the next curve to just speed up and get home!! I admit my first thought was to do that but since i met her i was worried her camera may have gotten my license plate as we passed. I'm 99% positive i did do the right thing....just really hope when I go to court the judge is pretty easy going.....2 things I'm worried about....was in a Camaro....and 2 it was almost 3 a.m.

2011 Camaro 1LT: Flowmaster American Thunder & AirAid CAI

2010 Ninja ZX-10R SE
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2009 Kawasaki ER6-N
post #2 of 42 Old 02-09-2011, 07:39 PM

You did the right thing. Is it worth a couple hundred dollars to risk your life or the officers? Seriously? Chances are the people that told you you should have kept going, would have likely stopped as well. Besides don't be so certain she would have stopped when she saw the county line. Most likely the adjacent counties have agreements that pursuit can continue if necessary until another patrol car gets there.

ZL1213 (formerly Z OHHH 6)

2010 2SS/RS (Auto/L99)
2012 ZL1 #213 - M6, Black on Black
post #3 of 42 Old 02-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member

Just my two cents; You did the right thing! If you had ran, there's no telling what could or would have happened. It's easy to get nervous, hands start to sweat, your heart starts pounding, you tend to watch your mirrors more than the road, and the next thing you know, you make a mistake. A ticket is a lot better then taking a chance in hurting yourself, or an innocent bystander. NO matter what time it is, people are always on the road; And it's then, when you least expect it that chaos tends to happen. Worst case scenario, when you show up to court, offer to take a defense driving course to lower the ticket. If you can get it reduced to a non-moving violation, it will not go on your record, or affect your insurance rate.

Learn from your mistakes, pay closer attention to your speeds, and know in your heart that a ticket is something that can always be worked out. Risking your life, can't be......
post #4 of 42 Old 02-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member

you did the SMART thing...I'd bet they reduce the ticket down a bit...at the very least.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #5 of 42 Old 02-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Premium Member

Garage
You did the Right thing!!! About a month after getting mine, I was driving back from San Antonio on a Sunday Morning around 9am and about 5 miles from the house and got stopped for doing 80 in a 70, I went to the first court day, talked to the Prosecutor & Cop, he told the P that I was a Good Guy and she gave me 60 day Deferred instead of the standard 90 day... Just gotta Use Ur Cruise and watch Ur speed cause it is Soooooo Easy to Speed in this car..... Good Luck..

Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT
post #6 of 42 Old 02-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
You did the right thing... Otherwise if you she did start chasing after you you might get charged with attempting to elude police once she got you. If the judge doesnt throw it out just pay it but trust me you did the right thing by stopping

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #7 of 42 Old 02-09-2011, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunk1963 View Post
Just gotta Use Ur Cruise and watch Ur speed cause it is Soooooo Easy to Speed in this car..... Good Luck..
Very true....was no intention of mine to be speeding at the time it was just late and concentrated on getting home.

Thanks guys!

2011 Camaro 1LT: Flowmaster American Thunder & AirAid CAI

2010 Ninja ZX-10R SE
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2009 Kawasaki ER6-N
post #8 of 42 Old 02-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member

right thing no doubt

post #9 of 42 Old 02-09-2011, 08:36 PM

Moving this to the lounge.
post #10 of 42 Old 02-09-2011, 08:42 PM

Is that why my reply didn't go through? lol

What I said was:
You did the responsible thing. Don't worry about what those other people said. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page